Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Off topic discussions - no politics, religion, food, or booze.

Comments

• edited July 2023

Tail box and lighting done. Still more needed to be 100% but road legal for now. Good to be on 2 wheels again!

Steve_Leejr@macDrummersquamishdroc
  • @Steve_Lee said:
    I like the fact that I can still see . . .

I hear that! The last few years my eye sight has gotten progressively worse. It sucks having to wear contacts to see far and cheaters to see anything within arm's length :/

Steve_Lee
  • edited July 2023

My tiny western Iowa hometown held a car & bike show yesterday. Here are a couple of samples along with a thumbs-up from my 85 YO uncle, a former drag racer notorious as the Panama Zipper.

6thplanetSteve_Leejr@macDrummerRon_ESilver1omohifisidejhollanderNicholas_23S7910and 2 others.
  • That's a sharp looking C10

I have a signature.
  • 85??? Holy cow! He looks like he could still jump in and rip a screaming run. Glenn

Turn2
  • Changing gears...when you can't have the original.

Steve_Lee
  • @jr@mac said:
    That's a sharp looking C10

That was for you. Nothing too fancy, but nicely understated '70. My dad had a flame red over white CST of the same year once upon a time. Did some high school kid stuff in that one. B)

jr@macPWRRYD
  • @Drummer said:
    85??? Holy cow! He looks like he could still jump in and rip a screaming run. Glenn

When I left town I met him tooling around on his vintage '69 Rupp mini-bike.

Drummer
  • We just got back from our family vacation to Steamboat Springs, CO. We drove through western IA on I-80. I have to say the landscape west of Des Moines was quite pretty, especially around Council Bluffs. Nebraska was flat and lame until we got west of Ogallala, NE.

kenrhodesTurn2
  • @PWRRYD said:
    We just got back from our family vacation to Steamboat Springs, CO.

If I had known…sorry I missed you. I live in Clark, just a few miles north of Steamboat.

• Beautiful country up there tajanes!!! We took I-80 to Laramie, then down through Weldon. It was great. Went through Denver on the way home. The drive through the mountains near Winter Park was totally awesome. Everything east of Denver was flat and boring. The wife slept, the kids watched DVDs, I drove and day dreamed about speaker projects lol.

Silver1omoEd_PerkinstajanesSteve_LeeWolf
  • So after a mishap with the CF lip on my car last year. I couldn't make it pretty again so I had an idea to try paint matching it to my rims. I had them scanned and a buddy painted it and the mud guards.

It matched pretty good, it's a metallic paint, so the sun reflection makes the lip look a bit lighter, but if you look at the mudguard, it shows the actual color a bit better.

ugly_wooferkenrhodesTurn2tajanesSteve_LeeNicholas_23Drummerjhollandersquamishdroc
  • What is that thing? 300ZX?

Green caliperz . . . . Mmmmmm . . . .

• edited July 2023

Infinity G series. Basically the Nissan Z series in Infinity clothing. A buddy had a 350z. Some don't like the exhaust note but I find it one of the best v6 sounds. Even with straight through mufflers it has a very vocal tonality without raspy harshness.

I think it would be extra nice looking if there was a black line separating the colors. I'd probably do something wierd like take the trim off and install a wide black vinyl stripe that gets partially covered by the trim so the vinyl also acts like paint protection where the edge of the trim would rub road grit into the paint. But probably way easier to just install wide pinstripe butting up against the trim.

6thplanet
  • RWD, 230+ HP V6?

• edited July 2023

Yeah, Infiniti G35. Basically a 4 seat/better looking 350Z.😛
    The base engines were rated at 280HP, with a higher output 300HP option. Then once the 370Z/G37's came out they were all above 300HP. It's a fun car, just not fast enough for what it is.

I screw with people with mine....

a4eaudioNicholas_23Silver1omoSteve_Leeugly_wooferWolfkenrhodesMartyHTurn2squamishdroc
  • Boost is ridiculously expensive for these cars.
    That's what my real Saturn is for, that'll just have to be my daily Saturn.

• Spray it then!

• 50-75-100 Hp wet kit FTW!

jr@mac
  • Nope, I only trust direct port wet kits, the intake manifold on these aren't friendly for it.

• Spray would end up costing me more .....I have no restraint, the bottle would end up being constantly empty .

• A 10 pound bottle will give you about 10 runs on a 100 Hp shot on a 12 second car.

• edited July 2023

Exactly, so multiple bottles, all the extras for making it useful on the street, might as well go boost.

• The bottle cost is nothing compared to the retainer fee!🤟😝🤟 Ya bunch o' speed freaks! Lol. Glenn

• One of our hiking trips:

And another:

jr@macDrummerhifisidetajanesSilver1omoSteve_Lee6thplanetR-CarpenterDanPsquamishdroc
  • Looks great, Craig!

I have a signature.
  • That is beautiful and the picture of serenity. Lone Ranger and Tonto may be hanging there, in spirit. Glenn

• It was tough hiking. The air is pretty thin at 6000+ feet compared to 719 feet in Rockford. And the sun is really HOT!

Steve_Lee
  • which trails / locations ?