Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Off topic discussions - no politics, religion, food, or booze.

Comments

• Fish Creek Falls
    Mad Creek Trail
    Uranium Mine Trail

• @PWRRYD said:
    Fish Creek Falls
    Mad Creek Trail
    Uranium Mine Trail

Once upon a time I spent a short week in Steamboat and toured the trails and fire roads on my mountain bike. Those scenes bring back fond memories.

• @PWRRYD said:
    Fish Creek Falls
    Mad Creek Trail
    Uranium Mine Trail

just down the road from me

• @PWRRYD said:
    Spray it then!

I used to work for NOS a while back. The first rule was don't mess with your daily driver. As far as power adders go, I will be staying away from nitrous, looking at a turbo motor for my next project :p .

6thplanet
  • Dug this out of the archives:

6thplanetkenrhodes
  • Happy daze . . .

• edited July 2023

I sprayed a 75 Hp shot from a NOS wet kit on top of my 23 psi of Paxton Novi 2000 boost. Dropped my ET by 4 tenths and I gained 5+ mph in the 1/4. My motor never sounded so happy!!! Shifted at 8000 rpm. Dozens and dozens of runs like that. Those were the days. A 10 pound bottle with a 75 Hp shot lasted 10+ passes (it activated after 1-2 shift so about 6 seconds on per pass). That little 331 sbf was tough as nails. The big wheel stand in my avitar was when I tried to spray it in 1st gear when I released the trans brake. Big mistake! LOL

6thplanet
  • @PWRRYD said:
    I sprayed a 75 Hp shot from a NOS wet kit on top of my 23 psi of Paxton Novi 2000 boost. Dropped my ET by 4 tenths and I gained 5+ mph in the 1/4. My motor never sounded so happy!!! Shifted at 8000 rpm. Dozens and dozens of runs like that. Those were the days. A 10 pound bottle with a 75 Hp shot lasted 10+ passes (it activated after 1-2 shift so about 6 seconds on per pass). That little 331 sbf was tough as nails. The big wheel stand in my avitar was when I tried to spray it in 1st gear when I released the trans brake. Big mistake! LOL

I can hear that poor front end coming down :#

• Crushed my deep sump oil pan. A $350 Canton 7 quart oil pan :s

• Daily drivers are upwards of a thousand horsepower these days. I'll never see it, to many other expensive hobbies.
    This year's goal is to get my Saturn running on the standalone ECU from the drag car. The next year will be the engine and blower.

ugly_woofer
  • I don't need a thousand, I was thinking more along the lines of this but maybe a wagon?

Steve_Lee6thplanetugly_wooferjhollanderR-Carpenter
  • When I was a kid my old may and I restored a 63 Falcon. He currently has a 62 Comet he has been restoring for the last couple years.

ugly_woofer
    I have a signature.
  • @Jakes_dad said:
    I don't need a thousand, I was thinking more along the lines of this but maybe a wagon?

That's my home drag strip (Byron).

• edited July 2023

Tri-State Dragway here in Hamilton closed up just before I moved here. Was pretty bummed about that. It always gave me more of a home town feel compared to Edgewater.

Checked satellite view.. Looks like one lane was torn out completely so I doubt it will be back.

• I've ran at Edgewater. My home track is Ohio Valley Dragway, I've driven to Michigan for a Saturn meet and ran at US131. Also went to Spring Hill for another meet, we went to Music City Raceway. Even with the blower, the car was super reliable. Only broke twice in the probably 15 years it was daily driven. Can't wait to get it back to it formal glory.

• Dad dropped this off today , mustve been in his collection . Told me it needs to be on a black belt. It was neither his nor my truck . Not sure where he came up with it. Polished it up

• @Nicholas_23 said:
    Dad dropped this off today , mustve been in his collection . Told me it needs to be on a black belt. It was neither his nor my truck . Not sure where he came up with it. Polished it up

That is the same paint scheme and trim package of my old girl. The truck in the picture is a 69 and mine is a 72, so the grill is different but otherwise same truck. Cool find!

I have a signature.
  • Mrs. JR is out of town from this morning until Thursday night. Guess it will be music, beer, and junk food for this boy!

ugly_woofer
    I have a signature.
  • Just a reminder that there has been at least one night this summer that hasn't been as smoky as cigar night at the pool hall. Taken from a lonely dead end road about 40 mi. south of Des Moines.

tajanesDrummerjr@macSteve_Leea4eaudiokenrhodesugly_wooferGeoffMillar6thplanetColonel7and 1 other.
  • AQI is in the 160s here today and yesterday. Pretty shitty.

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • Bachelor life...

ugly_wooferSteve_LeeDanPkenrhodesDrummerR-Carpenter
    I have a signature.
  • ugly_wooferkenrhodesSteve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:
    Bachelor life...

When first listening and tweaking you didn't seem too impressed with the GRS Fountek clone ribbon tweeters. Now that you've been listening to them for quite awhile, what's your opinion? Other than the AMTPRO-4 they are pretty much the most expensive Dayton tweeters, so I have a hard time pulling the trigger unless you think pretty highly of them.

• I examined my toothpaste tube yesterday for some reason and noted the contents were listed as vegan friendly, sugar free and cholesterol free. Huh?!

This is up there with some other product labels s I've seen - and I'm not making this up - like cholesterol free bananas and organic water.

Geoff

• Diet water?

• @GeoffMillar said:
    I examined my toothpaste tube yesterday for some reason and noted the contents were listed as vegan friendly, sugar free and cholesterol free. Huh?!

This is up there with some other product labels s I've seen - and I'm not making this up - like cholesterol free bananas and organic water.

Geoff

Now that's just Meth'd up! :)

Steve_LeeGeoffMillar
  • Calling Bill Engvall...

• I got John Deere 22hp lawn tractor. B)

jr@macugly_wooferSteve_Leekenrhodes
  • edited July 2023

Built a platform bed frame for the mother in law. Got a foam mattress for it. Standard slab platforms don't do so well with foam as moisture builds up from perspiration and leads to mold underneath. Needs some air gap to dry out.

Just doctored up (sanded) 2x4s pocket screwed to 4x4 "whitewood" legs. Center spine is doubled up 2x4s lag bolted to the front and back. 1x2 cleats run down the 2x4s to support 1x4 slats. Probably $75-80 in wood (nowadays prices) for a "full" size mattress. This is my 2nd try at a dimensional lumber bed frame. After seeing how this worked out I'm thinking of adapting the design and redo our king size frame.

Steve_LeeR-Carpenter6thplanetTurn2
  • Well built. Good job.