Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Off topic discussions - no politics, religion, food, or booze.

Comments

• edited May 28

https://www.amazon.com/Restless-Dreams-Music-Simon-Season/dp/B0CW29T38G

Interesting show, but also check out the equipment in the studio shots, ie grace audio (I used a 902 as my pre-amp, sold when I wanted a/v surround- mistake?) ATC monitors…, and the good and plenty story is great, as is of course the music and history

• Just now have internet back. Many here still without power as trees and power lines are still laying around. Generators running everywhere. Not sure how many tornadoes we had locally, straight line wind, hail, or flooding, or damage in general as we've been fairly isolated from most news sources. No tv antenna for local news. Cell phones weren't working. No electric ... but I have a diy off-grid solar system and was able to feed the house what we needed for vitals.

Rough vacation for sure. It started with a chainsaw in my hands and ended with a chainsaw in my hands.

Steve_Lee
  • Guy at work was telling us his story driving down the highway and watching the big trucks and campers flipping one after the other.

Tom_S6thplanetSteve_LeeGeoffMillar
  • Texturing tomorrow. I hate Drywall work.

Steve_Leejr@mac
  • edited May 30

Insomnia tool thoughts...
    I am heavily invested in yellow:

(Not shown are my jig saw, circular saw, and angle grinder)
    I also have several Ryobi tools that I am finding to be very good performers (caulk gun, leaf blower, orbital sander), good enough for a guy like me. I am considering divesting yellow in favor of chartreuse.
    As you can see I have quite a few yellow tools, but it seems to me I could easily do what I do for less.
    So I might be selling off part of my yellow collection in the near future... Stay tuned as you guys will get first dibs.

I have a signature.
  • ...and yes, there are a lot of things plugged in to that power strip - all of them low amperage. Chargers and a fan and a LED light under the upper shelf.

I have a signature.
  • There are battery converters that allow you to use your existing batteries on other tools.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • @jhollander said:
    There are battery converters that allow you to use your existing batteries on other tools.

I have a few of those, mixed results. One I had to break to remove it from my Ryobi leak blower.

I have a signature.
  • Found a new shop cat today

jr@mackenrhodesSteve_Lee6thplanethifisideSilver1omo
  • Raccoons are not friendly, and the young ones grow up. Wild animals are not pets.

Steve_Lee
  • Its already been chipped , litter box bought along with a leash and a collar and food and water bowls ~

jr@macSteve_Lee
  • That's not you (Nick) holding the coon, is it? If yes, you look a lot different from the last time we met (first or second DIY SD maybe?).

• Co worker

• Tasty pets. They are ok for a pet, but like a deer or squirrel, when their nuts drop they sometimes turn aggressive. Climbing and that opposable thumb get into everything. Nothing is safe.

kenrhodesSteve_Lee
  • edited June 1

Sweet. There mischievous pets but all pets are. Dogs at one time where NOT supposed to be pets either. When I was in my early 20’s my buddy had one as a pet that use to ride around on the handlebars of his TT500. There is actually a few companies working on domesticated them to be better pets. We want a Fox.

• Foxes smell bad as they have a musk gland.

Steve_Lee
  • edited June 2

I got my wife a Cricut for xmas so she can up her crafting game. I finally got around to installing and setting up the software on he PC. Ran a project through to test....

I am realy impressed with the precision this thing has. Already has me thinking of it's potential for decal graphics and text labeling for switches and pots on amp builds. B)

Depends on the limitiations of the software though. Sofar I suspect it is largely just a tool to place premade patterns on a grid for placement on the sheet material. The rest being a storefront to sell their patterns.

[Edit]

Yep, needed to get Inkscape and found a "Knob scale generator" plugin for it. After some trial and error, generating a file the cricut software would correctly interpret, I managed to cut this example (1.75"dia, ~1.2mm line):

• edited June 2

People keep all kinds of things as pets; our neighbour used to breed "domestic" rats, gave us the creeps.

I can understand why people keep mice,guinea pigs and rats, but I don't get how things like spiders, snakes and insects make good pets: can they actually return the love?

Geoff

• edited June 2

Good documentary on the late, great John Surtees, only person to win Formula One World Championships on two wheels and four:

At the 59 minute mark you'll find out the real reason why he left Ferrari, it's rather chilling.

Geoff

• So yesterday I tripped and fell in my garage and broke my fall with my right arm. My right shoulder now feels like my left shoulder did this past winter when some ice got me.

Hurts holy hell, will go to urgent care today I think.

I'll need help moving stuff around for DDIY this year ☹️

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • Not good, just heal up, I'm sure that I speak for everyone when I say that we'll all pitch in moving stuff.

jr@macPWRRYD
  • Yesterday in St. Louis =)

hifisidejr@mactajaneskenrhodesSilver1omojhollander6thplanetSteve_Lee
  • During green flag laps he and I walked down as close as we could (security won't let anyone stand right by the fence) to feel the power of the cars rushing by. It blew both of our caps off. That was cool! But he and I both agree that while the speeds they run on an oval track are impressive we enjoy the road courses better to watch in person. No regrets... check that one off his bucket list.

Kornbreadjhollander6thplanetjholtz
  • Have you taken him to a Top Fuel event?

• Next on the bucket list. Hopefully Route 66 in Joliet next year.

6thplanet
  • Just gotta say (not news to me) race fans are generally the best. Most always polite and gracious sort of folks. Walking around in super crowded areas everyones is like "Oops I'm sorry"... or "you go first..." I've been going to races for 30+ years so nothing surprising to me, but Jacob was totally taken back by how polite and friendly everyone was to us. The old guys sitting just behind us were wearing the competitor's shirts but were excited that it was Jacob's first Cup race so they were talking to him about his favorite driver and giving him high fives when the 48 passed another car. That was 100% cool! We've been to minor legue baseball games where the specators around us were total a holes...

tajanesSteve_LeeBillet6thplanet

• After yesterday's storm.

EggguySteve_LeeGeoffMillarRon_E6thplanetTurn2R-Carpenter
  • Independence Day looking