Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

InDIYana 2023...

Comments

• Oh, Ron E is coming? I believe it's your first time....

• It is. A lot has to happen between now and then for it to actually happen. I'm trying to recover from the flu or cold so right now I don't feel like going anywhere.

Ron

• Get well soon Ron! Looking forward to seeing/hearing what you bring for a theme project.

• Hey Ben, can you put me down for a theme build - I am trying to make the theme criteria fit, if it doesn't it will be a non theme. will be getting only one pair of speakers.

• Theme build for me also, I'll come up with something

PWRRYD
  • One non-theme build for me. First time since attending :/

PWRRYD
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • edited January 2023

I will have 2 non theme, 1 theme (possibly)

• Put me down for 1 theme and 1 non-theme pair. :)

• Getting the OK from work now and will clear it with the wife tonight.

Planning on bringing a theme entry.. if I get my butt in gear and start on it.

I could bring a non-theme entry, but It is sounding like that might fill first. I doubt you all would want to listen to my junk anyway :p

• @DrewsBrews said:
    Getting the OK from work now and will clear it with the wife tonight.

Planning on bringing a theme entry.. if I get my butt in gear and start on it.

I could bring a non-theme entry, but It is sounding like that might fill first. I doubt you all would want to listen to my junk anyway :p

Bring it. We have plenty of time on Fri to listen to

• I think Craig and I should be there by noon or so.

I have a signature.
  • Ok looks like I'm on the list so no need to email I suppose. Just need to pick which non theme build would be best/most palatable.

Sounds like my wife may come too. Figured she would be bored, but she wants to be supportive which is pretty cool! Guess that means I have to get working on her craft room between working on the theme build.

• I did not see this mentioned anywhere (maybe I missed it), but are Isobarik woofers allowed?

• @4thtry said:
    I did not see this mentioned anywhere (maybe I missed it), but are Isobarik woofers allowed?

As long as you are under 1 5 cu ft gross, and use at least an 8" woofer, yes!

4thtry
  • edited January 2023

@4thtry said:
    I did not see this mentioned anywhere (maybe I missed it), but are Isobarik woofers allowed?

If not, we can file a formal protest together, since that is my plan too! 🤣 It IS just a passive two-way so I can't see how it would violate any of the rules.

(I'm pretty sure the Inbox for formal protests is Ben's waste basket)

4thtry
  • Isobaric is fine, or I would have told Bill earlier. It files under the multiple woofer allowance.

4thtry
  • Hello Wolf, Barring any international boarder problems, I would like to attend with one theme entry. Thank you, David.

• The crown amp you guys use is a class-D isn't it? Does it do Ok on speakers with big impedance swings?

• @DrewsBrews said:
    The crown amp you guys use is a class-D isn't it? Does it do Ok on speakers with big impedance swings?

It's never had an issue with any speaker we've put it on.

• Figured so, just thought I'd check. Thanks

• Hmmm.... this is a good possibility....

• edited February 2023

It seemed like in the past folks would bring stuff to sell off/get rid of? I need to shrink down my shelf-o-drivers. Gauging interest if it is even worth it to lug out there.

Stuff I've opened to verify no coil rub but otherwise unused, would let go for cheap:
    2x Goldwood GW-1238/PA - guitar/instrument 12s.
    4x Celestion T5744A SP-1500 - 15s I got to experiment in dipole/OB but never got around to it.

And some other bargain bin PA style drivers I've tinkered with that I'd probably just give away.

• @DrewsBrews said:
    It seemed like in the past folks would bring stuff to sell off/get rid of? I need to shrink down my shelf-o-drivers. Gauging interest if it is even worth it to lug out there.

Stuff I've opened to verify no coil rub but otherwise unused, would let go for cheap:
    2x Goldwood GW-1238/PA - guitar/instrument 12s.
    4x Celestion T5744A SP-1500 - 15s I got to experiment in dipole/OB but never got around to it.

And some other bargain bin PA style drivers I've tinkered with that I'd probably just give away.

We will have a "for sale" area

• There is usually a pretty big selection of "for sale" and "for free" stuff. Just bare in mind that DIY'rs are generally tight wads and won't buy something unless it's crazy cheap :p

• Wolf,

How high are the speaker stands at InDIYana?

Wondering if the tweeter on a 23" tall "stand mounted" speaker would be too high?

Thank you,

David.

• Someone’s cardboard game is on point.😉

Steve_Lee
  • @hifiside said:
    Someone’s cardboard game is on point.😉

Wanted to see how odd a 1.5 cubic foot box looked on a stand before I built it.

Turns out, not to bad! :)

Would have gone with floor standing if this didn't look right.

• I will have a pair of stout crates that can be used at 3 heights, in addition to the 22" stands.

• I'm working on a pr of 16 to 18" stands in addition to my normal 24" stands that I bring

• Friday 31st is last day to reserve room under the discount block.