Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

InDIYana 2023...

Comments

• Hope I'll be able to make it. A work buddy has been having bouts with cancer the past few years. This morning I heard things went sideways and it isn't looking too good. :s

• Well I went to see him Monday. Glad I did. I heard he passed Friday night. Depending on dates I might only be able to show up one day.

• @DrewsBrews said:
    Well I went to see him Monday. Glad I did. I heard he passed Friday night. Depending on dates I might only be able to show up one day.

Sorry for your loss, brother.

I have a signature.
  • Yeah, sorry for your loss.

• Thanks guys, I'm fine. He was a good dude. The most heartbreaking part is his wife. I never got the chance to get to know her much, But the way he talked about her and how they would banter and laugh at/with each other was like they were still best friends.

• So sorry to hear. Did he leave any kids behind?

• edited April 2023

No, I don't think he could... One time he mentioned about a bad bicycle accident when he was a teenager... He was of Pacific Islander descent I believe. Grew up relatively poor in New Zealand. Came to the US probably to find work since it was very difficult as a native islander in New Zealand. Still had the accent. Heavy set guy with a big personality. Damn smart and witty. The type who seemed boastful, but would be the first to admit if he got something wrong. He'd make us all look bad at work. We'd have a hard time keeping up with his productivity.

jr@macRon_E
  • Sounds like a great guy!

jr@mac
  • Ben, do you have tent cards taken care of or do you need some?

• I have not even thought about them this year. John has in the past, but I have not run it by him either.
    If you can, please do and thank you!

• @Wolf said:

Will do!

Wolf4thtryjhollander
  • edited April 2023

Who else is dragging their S.O. along for the ride?

• edited April 2023

My wife was wanting to come, but everything is up in the air. She had a death in her family too. Were I to guess it will probably be just me heading up Friday morning and back home that evening.

• I gotta remember to bring those adaptors for you Andrew.

• I would bet John is bringing Mel, as she is regularly there before she goes shopping.
    Lewis and his wife will be there.
    Derek and his wife will be there.
    Mine may stop briefly to say hi.

Drews, so you won't be there Saturday? The theme is usually before lunch on Saturday. You can still play them Friday, no problem, they just won't be in the theme. I just need to know for sure to include you or not.

Very sorry for your losses.

• Unfortunately no I wont be there Saturday.

• Derek and his wife will be there.

Why she indulges me, I don't know, but she said she had fun last time we came down. Not gonna argue! :D

Aside from looking through my inventory for the swap table, I'm ready to roll. See everyone early Friday afternoon!

• I'm stoked! I feel really excited this year, feels like it's been several since.

Dirk
  • @a4eaudio said:

@Wolf said:

Will do!

Thanks David!

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • @a4eaudio said:

@Wolf said:

Will do!

+1 These really help to sort out all the photos after the event. Thanks much!

• edited April 2023

Sounds like my wife still wants to come Friday. She has neck/back issues so long hours in the car/long days standing around or sitting in an uncomfortable chair is rough on her. I guess the hotel room (was non refundable) might still be useful so she has a place escape to.

• My Theme build is not ready and I am way behind - so it's out too.

My wife and kids are coming along too and will stop by for a bit. I will be there on Saturday, might drop in on Friday late evening if we make it on time.

• Just checked the weather forecast for Ft Wayne. Looks like about 1/2" of rain tomorrow. On the positive side, this hotel has a porte-cochere, so we should be able to unload our speakers without getting wet.

• Yep, Friday is looking wet. Saturday less so, and a bit warmer.

• edited April 2023

Looks like I'll be up a little later tonight than I thought. I needed a 2nd Lavoce TN131.00 and ordered in from TLHP on April 10. Paid 15 euro shipping for a 10 euro tweeter but had given up on it getting here on time. It arrived at 1:00 today, so I have to put together the crossover boards and button up my non-theme speaker.

• @4thtry said:
    Just checked the weather forecast for Ft Wayne. Looks like about 1/2" of rain tomorrow. On the positive side, this hotel has a porte-cochere, so we should be able to unload our speakers without getting wet.

I am really glad to hear about the ability to unload in the rain with only a minor risk of wetness! My car is packed about as full as is legally allowed with drivers and gear that I sold to attendees. Unfortunately no room remains for an actual loudspeaker to demo...

It would be great to have a hand unloading it when I arrive on Friday early afternoon. See you all then.

• edited April 2023

I can throw my flatbed cart in the truck if it would come in handy. If I remember where I put it lol..(found it)

• There are usually 2 large carts in the entry way for hotel users. We take use of them for sure.
    The use of an additional flat cart would be advantageous for sure. Thanks, Drew!

• I loaded up early to avoid rain if at all possible. Beautiful out there right now!
    Now, to rip music... yeah, I'm pushing it apparently this year! I have them all picked, so it's just the fenagling of levels and burning several.

See you all tomorrow!

Steve_Lee
  • I'm all loaded up and ready to go tomorrow.