Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

InDIYana 2023...

Comments

• Are they still trying to get two nights out of us? Last year I had to go next door to get a one night stay, and it was cheaper.

• Not required to stay 2 nights. Not sure how that could have been...

• How do you get the discount rate?

• Click the link on the website under Directions, or call the hotel and ask for the 'Speaker Builders' block.

• I guess no Minon coffins this year :/

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Portals this year John

jhollander
  • I'll be there, Ben. Not sure what I'm bringing at the moment.

• @6thplanet said:
    I'll be there, Ben. Not sure what I'm bringing at the moment.

Bringing Frito along?

• Apologies, Ben, I'll not be able to make it.

• @ugly_woofer said:
    Portals this year John

Nice, I'm looking forward to hearing those.

• @jhollander said:

@ugly_woofer said:
    Portals this year John

If they suck, I'll blame Dan. =)

Wolf6thplaneta4eaudioPWRRYD
  • It's good to have an out, but does that mean it's not your design? Another CSS kit? ...lol... :p

PWRRYD
  • @maynardg said:
    Apologies, Ben, I'll not be able to make it.

Darn, you'll be missed Maynard!

• No, Adam won't be able to make it this time.

• @ugly_woofer said:

@jhollander said:

@ugly_woofer said:
    Portals this year John

If they suck, I'll blame Dan. =)

You're bringing a speaker with a big hole in the middle of it! Sounds like a dumb idea already!

Hey Wolf, what was the discounted rate at the hotel supposed to be? Just tried to book over the phone with the speaker builder block and they told me the same rate that I can get online.

• edited March 2023

it was 109 for king and 124 for dual queen. Calling the hotel or clicking the InDIYana website link is the best method.

• FYI: I was able to book my room online at the $109 rate just now using the link under Directions (in the menu at top right hand corner of InDIYana web site).

• I went next door again, $93

• A lot cheaper than Tru by Hilton I stayed at last weekend. $170/night and the room sucked! Do NOT recommend!

• @DanP said

You're bringing a speaker with a big hole in the middle of it! Sounds like a dumb idea already!

I agree. That's as stupid as building speakers that look like cartoon characters.........Oh wait.........Nevermind.

hifisideSteve_Leejr@macPWRRYDkenrhodestajanesDanPSilver1omo6thplanetTurn2and 1 other.
  • edited April 2023

Still thinking of having that SB fullrange 8" on a switch to listen to on it's own with baffle step and a notch to dampen the top end a bit. I've got the parts, just figuring out how to fit the switch on the terminal cup. Dunno if there would be any extra time for it or if anyone is interested in hearing it..

• Well, the theme should take less than 1.5 hrs, so the rest is for whatever is present. I'd be game if you are able.

• edited April 2023

@DrewsBrews said:

I've got the parts, just figuring out how to fit the switch on the terminal cup.

Its a mini switch - I use to adjust a 4 in ANirvana broad range driver resistor value vs the woofer in my little 2 way - set to give me ~ +/- 1 ¼ dB

Steve_Lee
  • edited April 2023

Wow those were some tight tolerances! Almost no room to turn the nut and everything behind must have been real close to spin the switch from the back.

Yeah the toggle I got is the standard big size rated 15A 250V. Maybe overkill but was hoping for minimum contact resistance that way. Since I will be switching both driver terminals (DPDT) to either the lowpass or fullrange circuits. Each circuit having their own binding posts on the two-pair post cup. The best way I could think to do it, keeping the circuits totally isolated from each other.

Steve_Lee
  • That or a 4PDT and a single pair of posts. You have the right idea.

• 2 position DSP.
    =)

• Dear friends, my speaker build is giving my back fits so I'm going to put them on hold. I hate to miss the show but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I expect I'll have them done in time for Ankeny. I look forward to seeing all the pictures and coverage.

Ron

• And you will be missed, Ron. Sorry to hear you are sore. I hope your build is successful.

• edited April 2023

That has happened to me on at least one occasion, once when I was the host for a DIY event and the whole thing had to be postponed. Hope you get up and at it again soon.