Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Midwest Audio Club drivers.

1234568»

Comments

• Bring a dump truck . . . .

• Despite being kind of ugly, the Purifi is legit AF.

I have a signature.
  • Hehe, the Purifi is one ugly woofer.

kenrhodesSteve_Leejr@macPWRRYDWolfEd_PerkinsDanP6thplanet
  • Purifi are the best measuring drivers on the planet right now, and those measurements translate to killer sound quality... however... so far, in using a couple of their woofers and hearing a few more, I haven't been able to discern an audible improvement over the previous top tier contenders like Audio Technology, Scan Illuminators, and maybe even some Wavecor and Satori drivers. Add in the price premium and the ugly factor and I'm not sure where these fit in my lineup.

Steve_LeeWolfugly_wooferjhollanderjr@macrjj45PWRRYD
  • Diminishing returns

Steve_Lee

• At some point I'll try to make these work.

Steve_Leerjj45hifisidejr@mactajanes6thplanetkenrhodesTom_SWolfDanPand 3 others.
  • Besides the tweeter being upside down those look great! :o

jhollanderWolf
  • @PWRRYD said:
    Besides the tweeter being upside down those look great! :o

Mouse ears
    Go down.

jr@macjohnny5jzugly_wooferrjj45
  • edited March 30

Huh? Don't mouse's ears go up?

• I really like how your baffle is filled proud with driver Sd.

DanP
  • In the next month or so I'll be starting an MTM project with the MAC-06 woofers and Beastmode tweeters. They'll be fairly large stand mounts to get the maximum bass extension possible. Preliminary modeling looks really promising.

Tom_SSilver1omougly_wooferTurn2jr@mac
  • @PWRRYD said:
    I really like how your baffle is filled proud with driver Sd.

That is a look I also tend to shoot for in most of my designs.

I have a signature.
  • @PWRRYD said:
    In the next month or so I'll be starting an MTM project with the MAC-06 woofers and Beastmode tweeters. They'll be fairly large stand mounts to get the maximum bass extension possible. Preliminary modeling looks really promising.

You won't be disappointed in the bass out of those.

I have a signature.
  • edited April 28

Silver1omoScottStajanesrjj45hifisideSteve_LeeBryan@MAC
    I have a signature.
  • 2/3 of those designs I would happily build and have in my home, 1 of them I did 😀. If you haven't added some of these drivers to your stash your missing out! They are an amazing value.
    The MAC04 was super easy to work with and offered me lots of room to cross to the tweeter. I have the CAD files if someone wanted to build a pair like mine I can cut some flat packs and match components with JF stock. I intend to use these as "desktop towers". I'm built like sasquach so I wanted a box that would get the tweeter closer to ear height and help with desktop reflections.
    These have been playing in the living room for some time now and they do that job well also. I actually maxed out my Yamaha receiver and they took music content OK, I couldn't tell of the distortion was the receiver or the speaker but with realistic expectations I think most people would be happy with these. The slim look does seem to have a high WAF factor.
    Just to troll David I'm using zink plated screws forever :p

Silver1omoSteve_Leerjj45jhollanderhifisideWolfjr@macBryan@MAC
  • Did DanP bring his multiple Mac04 build?

• No, just the Torii sealed tower.

• @hifiside said:
    Did DanP bring his multiple Mac04 build?

I didn't finish shit before the show.

hifisiderjj45
  • Those tweeters that you donated more than make up for your lack of speaker completioness

WolfDanPAnalogkid455
  • If I had known that there would be less projects show up in Indy and more time for project demos I would have brought my little project with the MAC-04 drivers and the Dayton ND28F-6 tweeters. I think they turned out really nice. I plan to gift that project to a guitar player from Church.

• I'm guessing you prefer the MAC-04s to that popular Dayton 4" woofer? Hope so - I ordered a pair last night.

jr@mac
  • Yes... They don't do "A solid 40 Hz" LOL but their midrange is so much better in every way.

rjj45