Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Midwest Audio Club drivers.

As those of you who attended IowaDIY this year are aware, we are now offering drivers. All proceeds go to helping fund our website, forum, and events.

They are available in 4", 5", and 6.5" sizes. They all feature cast frames, anodized aluminum cones, and a slightly extended pole piece. They are vented under the spider, out of the back plate, and the voice coil former.

We are offering an introductory pricing for these, exclusive to our forum members. They will be listed on the Julefidelity website - they have been instrumental in making this happen so props to them. They are offering many options in components we all use so consider them for your next purchase of caps, coils, and resistors. There will be more to come from them, as well.

Link to data sheets:

4" https://1drv.ms/b/s!AlHuPRQmBiX2h9Bd7vSk6hoSA_z2-Q?e=RZnp2q

5" https://1drv.ms/b/s!AlHuPRQmBiX2h9Bf-lktW7keN6WXgQ?e=FPi0Yg

6.5" https://1drv.ms/b/s!AlHuPRQmBiX2h9BiNwx20uuq6_9ulA?e=dyc010

Pricing is currently set at $20 for the 4", $25 for the 5" and $30 for the 6.5" We believe this aggressive introductory pricing is very fair for the quality of driver you get. Remember, this is introductory exclusive to our forum members.

Website should be live very soon so we can start ordering them. Obviously there will be shipping costs involved and JF does do international shipping.

If you want to help support this thing of ours, this is a fun and interesting way to do so. We appreciate each of you and your contributions to our forum, thank you in advance.

Oh, these are currently a limited time offer - if they go over well we will permanently stock them. We are also going to work on higher end offerings, and potentially sourcing a tweeter as well.

I have a signature.
Ron_EhifisideSteve_LeeS7910Colonel7Silver1omoBryan@MACDrewsBrewsScottSrjj45and 1 other.

Comments

• Link to jfcomponents:
    https://www.jfcomponents.com/

hifiside
    I have a signature.
  • I liked the mid range and the build quality looked good. Need a project to give them a try.

jr@machifiside
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • @jhollander said:
    I liked the mid range and the build quality looked good. Need a project to give them a try.

Iron Driver competition using the 5" or 6-1/2" at Iowa or Detroit 2024???

Silver1omoS7910
  • I thought that both drivers sounded very clean. They're an outstanding bargain

hifisidejr@mac
  • I am looking at my tweeter shelf to see what might compliment one of those MAC woofers so I can build something to demo at Indy this Spring.

• I know what I'm going for. Should be very nice!

hifisideSilver1omojr@mac
  • @a4eaudio said:

@jhollander said:
    I liked the mid range and the build quality looked good. Need a project to give them a try.

Iron Driver competition using the 5" or 6-1/2" at Iowa or Detroit 2024???

So let it be written so let it be done...

I'm liking them for mid range duty, maybe OB, but they don't fit in my current project build list.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • edited October 2023

I'm swimming in 4"ers since I got a case of 830855s, and about 5 pairs of 6.5".

No 5" though. So I guess that wins. Iron driver sounds like fun!

• The drivers are posted on the website. $75 free shipping in USA.

jr@macSteve_Lee
  • We started on a TMWW using JF tweeter, MAC-04 and dual MAC-06.

ugly_woofer
    I have a signature.
  • edited October 2023

I'm going with a small TM using the MAC-04 driver. Those are on the way and I bought some wood at lunch today. I'll start a new build thread once there's something worth sharing. Thanks MAC for your continuing contributions to our hobby/addiction ;-)

jr@macjhollander6thplanetugly_wooferScottS
  • I'm just seeing this - this is amazing!! Who did the design work? Any distortion measurements yet? I know it's intro pricing, but man that's like early 2000s MCM pricing - makes me want to do a WWMTMWW!

ugly_wooferEd_Perkinsrjj45
  • You can do it Dan!

• Something tells me it's a China driver JR stumbled onto, or something Brad had in the pipeline.

• edited October 2023

@Wolf said:
    Something tells me it's a China driver JR stumbled onto, or something Brad had in the pipeline.

Wow! Really Ben? Why would you say something like that? You have issues...

Steve_Lee
  • I don’t need them but 5” sealed sure would be a good foundation for desk monitors…

• Just ordered some of the MAC-04s. 8 of them to be exact. Thinking a 2.5-way MTMMM mini-tower now. 55Hz is a pretty good F3 for a 4" and with a quad per side, output should be solid.

kenrhodeshifisideugly_wooferPWRRYDjr@macS7910jhollanderSteve_LeeTurn24thtry
  • I knew you could do it Dan!

DanPjr@mac
  • A little QC before shipping.

S7910jr@macWolfSteve_LeekenrhodesPWRRYDScottSJasonPrjj45
  • @hifiside said:
    A little QC before shipping.

Are those my MAC-04s? 😃

hifisideSteve_Lee
  • edited October 2023

@Wolf said:
    Something tells me it's a China driver JR stumbled onto, or something Brad had in the pipeline.

Lol.. I hate to say it but I think Ben has the same personality as me.. Just he has a decade or two ahead of me in the hobby.

All fun and games until I get too comfortable here and start shoving my foot in my mouth. :s

Thankyou guys for giving us the opportunity to support another home grown business and keep the MAC community/ gatherings going. I think we all know these aren't the be-all-end-all drivers (that would be out of most of ours' price range to play around with). But they look to be a unique and above average option!

nm on the 5" I think I'll try the 6.5" instead with the tweets. Order placed

Steve_Lee
  • ^ it happens to all of us all the time and it humbles us as a result [if we are introspective/intelligent enough].

• Nothing I said should be seen as defamatory. I put 2 and 2 together, even if they might equal 5. We know JR has an affinity for the odd AliExpress driver deal, which they do resemble, and has found some gems in that haystack. Or Brad may have optimized the T/S on an upcoming set in his lineup and looped in JR for a quick and fun design to give back to MAC with a fellow SoDak member. I see no reason not to think some of this occurred. A really cool offering from a couple of good fellow builders.
    I honestly do not see the reason for this having questionable angst from my direction.

JavadS
  • I agree with Ben on this. He simply made a guess on what he knows. Either he's wrong or he's right. No need to get our panties in a bunch.

JavadS
  • A broken social filter. No reason to post guesses. How does that move this hobby forward? Just looks like childish jealousy to me.

How have you been brother? Haven't seen you at DIY events for a couple years. Hope all is well with you Ed.

• Take it easy, everyone.

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • Fair enough.

• Well... They drop in...

hifisidejr@macWolfSteve_LeeS7910jhollanderJasonPBryan@MAC4thtry
  • If that box works, I might get a small factor tweeter and forget the coax...