Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

DakotaDIY 2017

12346»

Comments

• Thanks, Jason & Bryan!  Just for reference, the color temperature was fairly consistent in this room as I panned around with my color checker x-rite chart.  In Lightroom, most pictures corrected  in the range of  5050 to 5300 degrees kelvin with +8 on the tint (green to purple).  What this means is that, for the most part, I overpowered the overhead florescent lights with my flash to give the pictures more of a daylight balanced look.  As a result, the colors tend to look more like what you would see outdoors on a bright, sunny day.
    kennykaudioanarchist
  • Great pictures Bill.  Wish I could have fired up my big KT88 amp and had you take a few glowing glory shots.
  • I was really interested in listening to that amp, still am....
  • Craig,  be glad to shoot something like this at a future event, preferably off to the side of the room during a break.  Here is the secret to getting great golden glow tube pics:

1)  Put the camera on a tripod
    2)  Turn off the flash
    3)  Stop the camera down to f22 and use a very slow shutter speed (1/5th second or more).
    4)  Set ISO to 100 and color temperature to 2500 degrees kelvin

This will give you that nice golden & blue glow with a fading dark background.
  • I as dinking around with the nikon D60 when I took this one . I dont recall the settings , but I do remember it was at night with the lights off and using a tripod . 
    4thtry
  • sorry not to take this off topic 
  • That's the look, Nicholas!  Cool!
  • I as dinking around with the nikon D60 when I took this one . I dont recall the settings , but I do remember it was at night with the lights off and using a tripod . 

• No lol, just saw your tube picture , now thats clean and clear
  • Nick if you ever decide to sell it I'd like rights to first refusal.