Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

IOWA DIY 2022

Comments

• I can certainly unrack the Oppo. I would consider selling it, as well.

I have a signature.
  • It can work as a pre-amp, it has volume controls. Have to run it through the setup, though. It is currently only used as a disc spinner. The analog outputs are outstanding, of course - but so are the analog outputs in my bigass Marantz. So, the reason I would consider selling the Oppo is due to that exclusively. The Marantz also has similarly awesome video upscaling and will do so to 4k so to be honest, the Oppo is currently little more than a spinner at this point. Overkill for that purpose.

I have a signature.
  • Strap it to the roof!

• edited October 2022

A pair if these maybe coming to Iowa, with external prototype crossovers. I call them the Braewilds! I haven't taken the measurements yet, so it will be close

• Huh, picture didn't work. I'll try again:

kenrhodesSilver1omoNicholas_236thplanetugly_wooferBryan@MAC
  • @PWRRYD said:
    Huh, picture didn't work. I'll try again:

Wavecor and Rivals?

hifiside
  • Wavecor TW030WA08 and Usher 8945A

S7910
  • Nice , was going to mention Usher first , but who has any of those anymore ... lol
    They look nice Craig

• edited October 2022

Figured you'd like them Nick because the drivers use up most of the baffle. And those are 1 inch round overs.

Nicholas_23
  • As the front end will once again be somewhat automated, here are suggestions for presenter demo audio:

If you are computer savvy enough to both create your audio file(s) and place them into an archive (.zip .rar .7z are all ok) PM me before the event with the name you want to use for the event and I'll give you a link to where you can upload that archive file.

If not, and you attend on Friday night, grab me at some point and I can rip your audio from CD or copy from portable media (HDD, usb key, sdcard, etc) to the laptop for the front end.

Obviously I'd prefer the former instead of the latter, so if you can (or feel adventurous and want to learn how) please PM me in the coming days.

Thanks!

Silver1omo
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • +1 for zebrawood, Craig

• edited October 2022

I have a older Yamaha AVR HTR-5740 (black), Kenwood AVR KR-V6080 and JVC CD player XL-V141TN. I have remotes for both. If anyone has interest I'll bring to Iowa.

Means: if anyone wants these you can have them. I used the Kenwood for testing.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I'll take the Yamaha John.

Ron

• I'm interested in the JVC, John!

• Thanks guys I'll load them up.

• Thanks for your continued involvement gents ! I look forward to attending and made my reservation!

Bryan@MAC
  • @EllisAudio said:
    Thanks for your continued involvement gents ! I look forward to attending and made my reservation!

Dave , do you still have the huge speakers you called the " pledge " from years ago ? I think that was the name

• @PWRRYD said:
    Huh, picture didn't work. I'll try again:

Looking forward to hearing these because.....

• Bringing these goodies to Iowa.......

And maybe this boat anchor (Mal-X 18).....

• edited October 2022

Does anyone have easy access to this beer? I'm pretty sure it's unobtainium in Chicago.

My signature goes here
  • edited October 2022

Does anyone have easy access to this beer? I'm pretty sure it's unobtainium in Chicago.

My signature goes here
  • @Bryan@MAC said:

This site says there are 14 places near Chicago and nothing near Iowa. They stretch the definition of near quite a bit but there are some in Chicago.

https://beermenus.com/beers/5901-o-fallon-wheach?user_type_survey=1

Ron

• Will the front end have analog outputs for an active system? I can bring my own electronics if necessary.

Ron

• Bryan, O'fallon's web site says you should contact your local distributer who can tell you where to find one of their beers.

https://ofallonbrewery.com/find-us/#1486661293322-0fa5aac1-0f8b

Ron

• I did the same search Ron did, but nothing between here and Dubuque.

• Since we're on the subject and I live in the land of sky blue waters, does anybody have a request? I'd be happy to tote along a few Spotted Cows, Central Waters, O'so, Points, etc.

• edited October 2022

@Bryan@MAC said:

>

Yes. It may be seasonal, how much do you want?

They are a St. louis beer down the road from my gym

Bryan@MAC
  • @Ron_E said:
    Will the front end have analog outputs for an active system? I can bring my own electronics if necessary.

Ron

Yes, both singled ended RCA and balanced XLR.

Silver1omo
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • @MartyH said:
    Since we're on the subject and I live in the land of sky blue waters, does anybody have a request? I'd be happy to tote along a few Spotted Cows, Central Waters, O'so, Points, etc.

jr@mac
  • The Mazda’s got a turbo, but that may be asking a bit much from it.

Turn2