Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

IOWA DIY 2022

Comments

• @Bryan@MAC said:
    We are officially "decades" into these mother effin Midwest DIY shows. And I'm a newbie compared to many of you, but very humbled and honored to run with the best. See y'all next week!!

My project is kicking my ass but I’ll be there! It’s going take me probably 6 hours to get there this year because I have to stop and walk every hour.

Bryan@MACjr@mac
  • @hifiside dude. I need a shot of your inspiration and dedication. But please make sure YOU are ok.

My signature goes here
  • @Wolf said:

@MartyH said:
    The Mazda’s got a turbo, but that may be asking a bit much from it.

What, no longer using D Cells?

Good memory! We actually called it the C-cell and it got rear-ended twice within 4 months, so she needed to be retired. It would have been 10 years old this year!

• Does anyone have any interest in a Dynaco Pat-4 preamp? The tone controls have been bypassed - it has a bad Bass pot. But everything else is working as it should and it's in pretty good cosmetic shape. There are quite a few mods out there for these. $50 and it's yours!

• The forecast for the weekend is for mid 70's and no rain.

Ron

• I'll bring some 30-inch stands

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • @Tom_S said:
    Does anyone have any interest in a Dynaco Pat-4 preamp? The tone controls have been bypassed - it has a bad Bass pot. But everything else is working as it should and it's in pretty good cosmetic shape. There are quite a few mods out there for these. $50 and it's yours!

I'll take it Tom.

kenrhodes
  • Great - I'll pack it up tonight and put it in the car so I don't forget it during my usual rush out the door on Friday!

• Well guys, I've got to cancel. One of my favorite cousins died suddenly and her funeral is Saturday. I'll miss you guys, but not as much as her. Next year then!

• @Ed_Perkins said:
    Well guys, I've got to cancel. One of my favorite cousins died suddenly and her funeral is Saturday. I'll miss you guys, but not as much as her. Next year then!

Damn sorry to hear that, brother.

I have a signature.
  • Sorry to hear that Ed. We'll miss you too and hope to see you in 2023.

• @Ed_Perkins very sorry for your loss my friend.

My signature goes here
  • Sorry for your family’s loss Ed. We’ll miss you.

• So sorry for your loss Ed. You will be missed and in our thoughts this year.

• Sorry for your loss Ed, and that you won't be attending.

• @Tom_S said:
    Great - I'll pack it up tonight and put it in the car so I don't forget it during my usual rush out the door on Friday!

Sounds good Tom, but this is bad, I'm buying stuff before I even get there.

Steve_LeekenrhodesBryan@MACjr@macScottSPWRRYD
  • @Ed_Perkins said:
    Well guys, I've got to cancel. One of my favorite cousins died suddenly and her funeral is Saturday. I'll miss you guys, but not as much as her. Next year then!

Sorry to hear that Ed.

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Thanks for the kind thoughts guys. Hopefully Bill will be there to take photos and someone will post on JR's latest antics. :)

Bryan@MAC4thtry
  • Hey guys. Is anyone interested in this very old school tone generator? I know a few of y'all collect these vintage components but I do not, and it's just taking up space. If any Iowa attendees are interested, I can bring it with. Just looking to hand it off to someone who can do something with it. Not looking for any moolah.

My signature goes here
  • I'll take it Bryan!

Bryan@MAC
  • @PWRRYD said:
    I'll take it Bryan!

Sold! Sold! Sold!

• I love old test equipment. The HP stuff seems to last forever.

• I have an old that I use to break in drivers, works great.

• This will compliment my Tektronix and Hitachi oscilloscopes, and BK benchtop power supply (0-30 Vdc, 20 amps!). Not to mention my 3 Fluke and 1 Beckmann DDMs.

I haven't done anything with vacuum tubes for a couple years but you never know what this winter could bring. Forecasts are saying super cold...

• edited October 2022

Well............................................Since we're going down memory lane. How bout this? Here's my 2211 (with travel case). My company switched over to Yokogawa's 'cause they were more compact and capable....

PWRRYD6thplanet
  • @Ed_Perkins said:

Ed, My condolences on your loss. Will really miss your usual speaker building insights, wit, and wisdom. Hope to talk to you again next year.

Take care,
    Bill

• Antics?! I prefer shenanigans, and cheeky ones at that.

I don't have much for the swap meet for a change. Might be in the market for some midbass, though.

I have a signature.
  • edited October 2022

Speaking of stuff lying around I have both a pair both of HiVi RT1.3WE and Vifa XT19TD00-04 untouched, any interest? If so I'll load them into my bag.

= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • @JasonP said:
    Speaking of stuff lying around I have both a pair both of HiVi RT1.3WE and Vifa XT19TD00-04 untouched, any interest? If so I'll load them into my bag.

I would like the XT19s!

• I'd like the HiVi RT1.3 before Craig takes them :)

JasonPkenrhodesMartyH
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails