Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

IOWA DIY 2023

14567810»

Comments

• Thanks to JR, JP, BK, and everyone else that helped put this event on. I had a great time even with the speaker malfunction. This event is always well worth the drive.

As to the woofer in question, I did some tests both by hand and with a WT3 and it is no longer fit for purpose. I'll be resurrecting the design in the future once I decide how. JR, thanks for the loan of the tools, and Robert, thanks for helping me check what we could.

PWRRYD
  • If karma was at play, the skunk stink splattered all over his car and he had a very long drive to make.

• edited October 2023

I had a guy on my bumper one time, then a deer headbutted my passenger door and flopped around behind me in the road. It was quite comical to see the evasive maneuvers the guy behind me had to do. I doubt he learned his lesson though... They rarely do.

• @DrewsBrews said:
    I had a guy on my bumper one time, then a deer headbutted my passenger door and flopped around behind me in the road. It was quite comical to see the evasive maneuvers the guy behind me had to do. I doubt he learned his lesson though... They rarely do.

This shit exactly

• Meaning dont ride ass , but after this above pic , I do try to follow the lead ,but dont follow ass. I was the lead on the pic above in shit fog weather. Live and learn. There are now three deer on the side of the road already this year , two of them had their asses blown out , like the hide was taken off the butt ass end, eeesh. Ill keep the speed limit and let the others figure it out then they pass me.

Steve_Lee
  • For the first time attending IowaDIY I didn’t bring any drivers home. But thanks to Bryan, I did score some nice LPs at an unbeatable price. This one by The Police sounds amazing and takes me back to my college dorm room in the 80s.

S7910Bryan@MAC
  • These are the pictures I took and I got almost all of the entries and this should be close to the order in which they were presented.

Ron

Silver1omoBilletjhollander6thplanettajanesS7910Bryan@MACsquamishdroc
  • Pics are excellent!
    Thanks.
    =)

• I was talking to a customer Monday and he mentioned something about speakers, I think. So I asked him if he was a audio enthusiast and he said yes. So of course we went upstairs to his listening room which was next to his theater room. He had mostly Parasound equip, Monoblocks,preamp, lots of CD's and used Magnepan 3.7's. I used words like incredible and amazing and that I had never heard anything like it. I did not have the heart to tell him that it hurt my ears, and sounded a mess. Ringing I think. So I went home and washed my ears out with my little system, and the loving words of my wife and daughter.

a4eaudiojr@macSteve_LeeScottSjhollanderjholtzPWRRYD
  • maggies
    Depending on their vintage (and X being modified, xovers etc) the wires can come loose around the bends, and the tweeter can go out completely. Apparently re the tweeter not the case here- but maybe on their way out?

• Sorry, I probably should have started a new thread called Maggies. My excuse is that I am the new guy. Not sure how long I can use that as an excuse. Perhaps a year, maybe two?

• @Eggguy said:
    Sorry, I probably should have started a new thread called Maggies. My excuse is that I am the new guy. Not sure how long I can use that as an excuse. Perhaps a year, maybe two?

You will be the FNG until we get a new one.

jhollander6thplanetSteve_LeekenrhodesBryan@MACPWRRYDugly_woofer
    I have a signature.
  • Do we have to check in with Nate to make sure he wants to give up that title? Lololololol

jr@macWolfPWRRYDScottS
    My signature goes here
  • Haven't seen him in ages....

• When will the event posting be on the Midwest Audio Club website?

• @Gowa said:
    When will the event posting be on the Midwest Audio Club website?

When my fat, lazy, cracker ass gets around to revamping the entire website. And that's not happening anytime soon. Just being honest.

I will, however, create an unindexed page with a gallery of images. Give me a week or so to gather all the images. We didn't have a dedicated photographer this year so stuff is spread over a few different places.

Gowa
    My signature goes here
  • @Tom_S is there an easy way for you to send me the hi-resolution pics you shot at the event?

My signature goes here
  • I should be able to send them via WeTransfer right from my phone - I think.

• Here's the download link. It will be active for 7 days -

https://we.tl/t-rOKM2tc2Hs

Bryan@MAC
  • Here's the archive page for the show: https://midwestaudio.club/?page_id=22235

Please ignore the website formatting. I'm in the process of updating the whole site.

4thtryJasonP
    My signature goes here
  • @Bryan@MAC said:
    Here's the archive page for the show: https://midwestaudio.club/?page_id=22235

Please ignore the website formatting. I'm in the process of updating the whole site.

Thanks, Bryan. Nice set of videos and tracks. And nice set of pics from Ron & Tom. Wish I could have been there. :+1:

Bryan@MAC
  • Are you back to 100% Bill?

• I would estimate 98.4%. Doing much better at this point. Thanks for asking!

Steve_LeeTom_SkenrhodesJasonP6thplanetBryan@MACjholtzjr@macjhollander