Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

IOWA DIY 2023

Comments

• I would love to find a new or VG used copy of Document. Fingers crossed!

• @jr@mac said:
    Won't be able to setup, but maybe us early birds can grab lunch together.

I'm not sure what we'll have time for Friday afternoon. Curt and I have our entertainment directors that require entertaining on Friday. I'm just trying to minimize the Saturday morning rush to make it on time.

We probably won't know until we get to Ankeny what they have in store for us. ;)

That said it would be fun if we can get together for a bite.

Jim

• 605-940-9651

I have a signature.
  • I will be around in the afternoon this year. Classe and Samson amps, along with Volare and Matchpoint (10" coax project) will be accompanying me. I'll also have a DAC/Preamp with digital inputs only. If someone wants to hook vinyl setup to my amps, we'll need a line stage.

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • I currently have a bad head cold/sore throat situation. I'm starting to recover and will probably be back to 100% in a week or so, but I thought it best to stay home this year and not risk transferring my cold to the entire group. Bryan, I mailed the tent cards & badges to your attention, in care of the hotel, so you should get them when you check in on Friday. This is a real bummer, I was really looking forward to seeing everyone again. Bill

jholtz
  • Get well Bill, see you at the next one!

• Sorry to hear Bill. Get well soon.

• I should be getting there just after lunch. Lots of stuff to load up after I see my kids off to school. Looking forward to seeing everyone and hearing some great projects. Less than 48 hours to go...

• Get well Bill, and thanks for not being an inconsiderate asshole and bringing the virus to Iowa.

• @PWRRYD said:
    Bryan, are you still bringing your TT and vinyl? If yes, I'll blow the dust off my tube amp tonight and make sure it's ready.

I dusted it off and fired it up. Still sounds great. Are you still bringing your turn table and records? I don't want to lug this beast (48.5 lbs) there for nothing.

• I’ll be starting out on my treck tomorrow a couple of hrs before sunrise - a younger me would do it in a day - but… see you Friday

hifiside
  • I can bring a ncore amp as backup/test piece, it has only balanced inputs.

• It looks like the old Dual TT I planned to bring has developed some issues. It's not tracking right past the first few tracks, so it likely needs a clean & lube.

• Hope you feel better Bill. We'll all miss you. I'll take a bunch of pictures in your absence.

• Mankato bound today, then Ankeny bound tomorrow. Gonna load up here in a little while - seeya soon!

Sorry Bill, feel better soon!

I have a signature.
  • kenrhodeshifiside
    I have a signature.
  • Get well soon Bill, you will be missed.

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • @PWRRYD said:
    Bryan, are you still bringing your TT and vinyl? If yes, I'll blow the dust off my tube amp tonight and make sure it's ready.

Yes....bringing a Technics SL1200 Mk2 and some shitty old records. If anyone has some of that new fangled heavy-weight vinyl, I’d love to hear it.

My signature goes here
  • @Bryan@MAC said:

@PWRRYD said:

Yes....bringing a Technics SL1200 Mk2 and some shitty old records. If anyone has some of that new fangled heavy-weight vinyl, I’d love to hear it.

Did you want me to bring my Taylor Swift collection?

Steve_LeekenrhodesWolf
  • Anyone from Minneapolis area attending?

• @silverD said:
    Anyone from Minneapolis area attending?

No :/

• @jr@mac said:

Nice packing job. Looks like none of your speakers will meet the same fate that my MTM's did in that Chicago construction zone.

jr@mac
  • Sorry honey - there's no room for your suitcase.

PWRRYDScottSSteve_Leejr@mac
  • 7hrs down, a mere 5 more in the am…
    Came thru Wyoming- 80 mph speed limit and the semi’s are doing 80

• Wyoming was pretty with all those cool rock formations. Nebraska on the other hand...

tajanes
  • @tajanes said:
    7hrs down, a mere 5 more in the am…
    Came thru Wyoming- 80 mph speed limit and the semi’s are doing 80

80 all the way across SoDak too.

tajanes
    I have a signature.
  • Do you guy's mean that 80mph isn't acceptable EVERYWHERE?

tajanesjr@machifiside6thplanet
  • edited October 2023

@ugly_woofer said:
    Do you guy's mean that 80mph isn't acceptable EVERYWHERE?

95 getting close to the MX border.
    Driving 9 hours and still being in TX is annoying.

Steve_LeekenrhodesTurn2
  • One more wake-up!!!

kenrhodesjr@macugly_wooferPWRRYDhifiside6thplanetScottS4thtrytajanes
    My signature goes here
  • Road trip tomorrow AM.