Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

IOWA DIY 2023

Comments

• @PWRRYD said:
    Bryan,
    Is there a page where we can see who is registered and maybe what they are bringing to demo?
    Craig

Hey Craig. There is not. Not currently. My plan was to wait another week or so and then send a detailed email update to all the registrants.

My signature goes here
  • Nice and braced.👍 you can use them for Jack stands if all else fails.

• Not a bad idea. My current jack stands came from a neighborhood garage sale and scare me a little.

hifisideSteve_Lee
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • That ^ is going to be a 'stiffy' for sure . . . (lol) . . .

• My demo is about done, just gotta run it past the missus.

I have a signature.
  • @Bryan@MAC said:

Hey Craig. There is not. Not currently. My plan was to wait another week or so and then send a detailed email update to all the registrants.

That's cool.

• Registered. I'll just be there Saturday this year.

• Less than three weeks, guys.

I have a signature.
  • edited October 2023

To much time away from home. I'll just bring the red Not Qualified speakers.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I have my personal demo complete. Might as well share it here.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlHuPRQmBiX2h9F9J5TrNOlMXOHhxA?e=8lenrK

Went a little softer this year, figure there will be plenty of rockers there.

See you all soon!

Ron_E
    I have a signature.
  • I like the cover of the Cure.

• I don't have anything I designed to show this year. My shop time has been spent repairing vintage receivers or in the garage working on the 2 wheeled machines. But I may bring a pair of Pioneer BS22s with the Dennis Murphy mods, if there's any interest.

BTW - I just booked my room and they are still offering the group rate!

hifisideBryan@MAC
  • My demo is also pretty mello this year.

• I plan to attend. Good chance what I am working on will not be ready for show and tell, so I may just casually observe and enjoy.

I will bring 3 Hi-Vi B3S drivers for free OBO ;-)

Looking forward to the GTG.

Marv

• edited October 2023

My demo has a guy that died in ‘95 at 78, and another who turned 80 this year…

… one sang about a special moon, the other horses

• @PWRRYD said:
    I like the cover of the Cure.

Katie Melua. She was probably 19 years old when she recorded that.

I have a signature.
  • My bad, she was about 21.

I have a signature.
  • Tents & badges are ready to roll . . .

jhollanderjr@macS7910Bryan@MACSilver1omo
  • Anyone from MN attending?

• Front end this year consists of my custom HTPC and the Oppo BDP-105d. Scott will be bringing his workhorse amp, as well. For a backup, I may throw the Emotiva in the ol' Sorento as well.

As some of you are probably aware, the Oppo utilizes a very, very nice DAC on the stereo outputs. It will also output via balanced if we want although I have no idea where my cables went.

This means we can spin physical media this year, if that is your (outdated) flavor :)

We do appreciate thumb drives, however.

We are wrapping up the house track and it looks like a pretty nice event this year. I am bringing a standmount 3-way and that SB/Hiq bookshelf.

See you all in just under two weeks.

tajanesSilver1omo
    I have a signature.
  • If you are using digital, feel free to somehow make them available before the event - I can download them and put them on my PC.

kenrhodes
    I have a signature.
  • I want to bring all my vinyl to play.

hifisideSteve_Lee
  • @PWRRYD said:
    I want to bring all my vinyl to play.

If your turntable has HDMI out, we can make that happen 😛

I have a signature.
  • I'll bring my wife's record player and 45's.

jr@mac
  • "The wheels on the bus go round and round"

• edited October 2023

If anyone would like to bring a stand-alone phono pre-amp, I will gladly bring my Technics SL1200 Mk2 for some afterhours vinyl listening. Thoughts?

My signature goes here
  • I have NAD one I can bring.

Bryan@MAC
  • I honestly own zero vinyl. Not a single LP. My wife has a bunch of teaching and kid's music 45's and a record player she used in her classroom. That is why I jokingly posted that.

• But seriously, if someone wants to hear a face melting 12 wpc of Class A KT88 tube glory I might be arm twisted into lugging 40+ pounds of amp.

Silver1omo
  • @Bryan@MAC said:
    If anyone would like to bring a stand-alone phono pre-amp, I will gladly bring my Technics SL1200 Mk2 for some afterhours vinyl listening. Thoughts?

MM or MC cartridge?