Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

IOWA DIY 2023

Comments

• Alexis. Maybe we can work something out logistically with you flying into chicago and then trucking with me and @JasonP to the venue.

Silver1omoJasonP
    My signature goes here
  • @Bryan@MAC said:
    Alexis. Maybe we can work something out logistically with you flying into chicago and then trucking with me and @JasonP to the venue.

Thanks, will be looking at dates/prices, we can discuss further later on.

Bryan@MACJasonP
  • P.S. creagory youve seen me since

• @PWRRYD said:
    But will Party Marty make it?

TBD. If I have something to bring I'll make the trip. Have to figure out how to avoid the carnage that was last years transport.

• @MartyH said:

@PWRRYD said:
    But will Party Marty make it?

TBD. If I have something to bring I'll make the trip. Have to figure out how to avoid the carnage that was last years transport.

Yeah that was a bummer for sure. Pool noodles or a wooden frame for transport? I've seen guys do both. You can always come down for the fun and not be a presenter too! That's been me for several years now.

My signature goes here
  • Pool noodles are a great idea!

• Memory foam is the hot ticket. Nothing moves on it,. I first used it to haul the Moon drops, because they were cylindrical they wanted to roll and rotate, but the memory foam held them with zero rotation.

jr@mackenrhodesBryan@MAC
  • October 20/21 -- save the date!

Same as prior years -- Ankeny Best Western Premier.

I'm waiting for a conference room contract and group rate for the hotel rooms. Considering the insane rate of inflation don't bank on any sort of deep discount. I'd suggest looking at all online discount options (AAA, AARP, etc).

I'll confirm a room block and successful conference room contract as soon as we sign.

Thanks all. Be back soon with details.

jholtzPWRRYDJasonPtajanesSilver1omocharlielaub
    My signature goes here
  • edited July 2023

@Bryan@MAC said:
    October 20/21 -- save the date!

Same as prior years -- Ankeny Best Western Premier.

I'm waiting for a conference room contract and group rate for the hotel rooms. Considering the insane rate of inflation don't bank on any sort of deep discount. I'd suggest looking at all online discount options (AAA, AARP, etc).

I'll confirm a room block and successful conference room contract as soon as we sign.

Thanks all. Be back soon with details.

There is also a cluster of other motels within a very short walk of the BW, if that is a help to anyone. Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ankeny, IA is the unlabelled icon just west of Econolodge.

Bryan@MACjholtzcharlielaub
  • Thanks very much for coordinating this Bryan !

Bryan@MAC
  • edited July 2023

I just looked at their rates, about $180 a night. The Best Western that is.

• I see $135 refundable 1 bed

• That's much better, I just did a quick google on my phone at lunch.

• Throw in my AARP discount and I might just get a room for a buck twenty something...

• How about that Econo Lodge Ankeny place. The posted map says $76! I could live with a few bed bug bites for that LOL

DrewsBrewsJasonPBryan@MAC
  • edited July 2023

=) > @PWRRYD said:

Throw in my AARP discount and I might just get a room for a buck twenty something...

AARP......Wow, you're old! =)

Wolf
  • edited July 2023

$76 does it have a roof?

WolfJasonP
  • I have life membership in AARP

I have a signature.
  • Get off my lawn Punk! lol

6thplanet
  • @jr@mac said:
    I have life membership in AARP

Not for being old though...

• edited July 2023

The group rate will be $124.99/night. I received the contract late this afternoon. I'll provide a link to book the rooms tomorrow morning. It's on baby!!!

Silver1omoScottSugly_wooferEllisAudio
    My signature goes here
  • @Bryan@MAC said:
    The group rate will be $124.99/night. I received the contract late this afternoon. I'll provide a link to book the rooms tomorrow morning. It's on baby!!!

Yeah! Let's do it!

tajanes
  • Booked for Friday and Saturday night. I think we may leave Thursday night and stay elsewhere, have not decided. That means we will be in Ankeny around lunch-time, so any other early arrivals feel free to message me and we can do lunch. Wife and I usually eat at that Outback for our Friday lunch but we are open to about anything except I have never developed a liking for Chinese-American food.

I have a signature.
  • O'Ryan will not be making the trip, I lifted one up yesterday and realized I do not want to carry them up the stairs. However, I have plans to have my new high-end Viawave/Eclipse 2-way complete by then so those will be there along with that small 3-way I finished up several weeks ago. The design I did with the SB and Hiq I will also throw in the car and probably set them up in my hotel room with my standard FX-Audio based digital setup. TUBE-01 buffer, DAC-X6, and FX1002A amp. Laptop full of FLAC files. Basically my utility room setup. Anyone is invited to stop by and give the setup a listen, provided wife and I are not napping at the time or it isn't too late.

Anyways, hope to see some of you guys this October. My weight loss has continued to progress so I may be unrecognizable (until I open my fat mouth anyways) :)

JasonPEd_Perkinsugly_wooferhifisideBryan@MACWolfSilver1omokenrhodes
    I have a signature.
  • @ugly_woofer said:
    $76 does it have a roof?

Checked a few minutes ago. Roof intact. [I live 1.2 mi. away.]

JasonPjr@macugly_wooferSilver1omo
  • edited July 2023

We are locked!! $124.99 for a double queen or single king. 48-hour cancellation policy applies.

Here's the link for the group rate. Please note: It's going to preload with a 2-night stay. If you only need one night, make sure to click the "edit" icon on the upper right side of the screen.

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.16110.html?groupId=A94AR2K9

Please take note of this important info regarding the hotel rules: This hotel is a non- smoking facility and we do not accept pets. If you are found to have a pet or smoke in the room, a cleaning fee of $200 will be charged. Failure to show for your reservation will result in a 1 night fee.

As in prior years we will have use of the conference room (on the main floor lobby area) on Friday afternoon/evening and all day Saturday.

MUCH EXCITE!! Have a great weekend everyone.

JasonPhifisideSilver1omocharlielaubjholtz
    My signature goes here
  • edited July 2023

Bryan,
    Thanks for getting this set up !
    Booked

Bryan@MAC
  • Booked friday and saturday, I'll have a free bed if someone needs to crash.
    Next is figuring how to get there...

JasonPBryan@MAC
  • @Silver1omo said:
    Booked friday and saturday, I'll have a free bed if someone needs to crash.
    Next is figuring how to get there...

If it's cost-prohibitive to fly into Des Moines, check Chicago Midway and let me know. We'll figure it out.

Silver1omo
    My signature goes here
  • Thanks Bryan!

Bryan@MAC