Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Project "Anomalies", started doing some preliminary modeling...

12345679»

Comments

• Yeah, those fingers too. I've seen drivers get damaged there, so I'm being cautious. Eric's w8-740p comes to mind...

• Now yall have given me anxiety-paranoia

Billet
  • It's not common for damages, but Nick placed no touch signs on the Minions for a reason.

• I just ordered a set of grills, I hope they fit OK (and sound OK too). I've been thinking about this for a while. I was worried about people touching my speaker cones, intentionally or unintentionally, or just getting damaged during handling. It may score me an extra point for craftsmanship too, if they look good. Thanks for the inspiration!

• Yeah, it's an unfortunate risk with outtings. I've luckily never had a driver damaged, but have had battle scars on a few cabs.

• A song for your 'Battle scars' just entered my skull and the lyrics resonate . . .

6thplanetAnalogkid455
  • Wow! Right on! Never heard of that. So I see Max Webster and figure...guy on cover, guitar? Then it says Kim Mitchell, assume girl, maybe guest vocal? Start playing the song....huh ok, some distorted bass..yes..nice....go on. Vocals happen..then the high vocal kicks in....wtf? It's high enough to be this assumed girl guest vocal, but she sounds exactly like Geddy Lee!!! Then drum fills happen and I'm like get the fuck out, that's a Neil fill if I've ever heard one. So I opened it up in YouTube to see if there's more info. Holy hell, it's Rush with this Max Webster band and Kim is a guy and the guitar/lower vocal!! Ha! So awesome, thanks for posting that🤘🏼

Steve_Lee
  • with and without grille....

with:

without:

I was pretty surprised at this, as I chose the very open hexagrid pattern to have the least interference possible. The peak in the with measurement is likely the metal grille resonance. While it is not very different, it's different enough that it could be noticeable.

Steve_Lee4thtry