Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Iowa DIY 2017

Comments

• I remember Chris getting them as well.  Maybe a nano neo "special edition"?
    jhollanderThumperTomgreywardenNicholas_23PWRRYD4thtrykennykS7910Bryan@MAC
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Exhibitor registration is closed.  There are a few (literally like three) slots left if any of the current exhibitors are interested in showing a second entry. I'm only announcing it here, so if  you're interested, either shoot me an email or say something in this thread.  Thanks and see you all soon!!  
    My signature goes here
  • me, me me, MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I want to throw in an active design with the MCM 4 channel amp and mini dsp... But seriously, if there are interesting projects, i can go on Saturday evening.
    kennyk
  • ani_101 said:
    me, me me, MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I want to throw in an active design with the MCM 4 channel amp and mini dsp... But seriously, if there are interesting projects, i can go on Saturday evening.
    I don't see it being a problem, but where is your demo?  You're one of the slackers who is making life a living hell for JP  ;)  Just kidding, but will you be uploading a demo soon or bringing a thumb drive to the hotel on Friday??  What's the plan?
    My signature goes here
  • I am bringing a second pair, the hybrid open baffles.  I planned to just demo them at the hotel but will take a slot only if there is one open after others have a chance to reply.  I know Ron E has a second pair he would like to demo, so give him the first shot before me.
    kennykgreywardenTurn2
  • Also I assume there will be a swap meet table in back as usual?  I'd like to sell some drivers again and hopefully I don't end up taking more home than I came with, lol

•   Last minute soldering operation on my entry; my Advents are now "banana jack" ready.  Looking forward to see everyone again in a few days.  :)

• PWRRYD said:
    Also I assume there will be a swap meet table in back as usual?  I'd like to sell some drivers again and hopefully I don't end up taking more home than I came with, lol

Yes there will be a swap meet table as usual and it should not be a problem to give you a second exhibitor slot. 

My signature goes here
  • 4thtry said:

Last minute soldering operation on my entry; my Advents are now "banana jack" ready.  Looking forward to see everyone again in a few days.  :)

This post from Bill brings up a question... do I need to bring adaptors to hook up banana plugs?  My speakers have cheapo spring loaded terminal cups.
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    I don't see it being a problem, but where is your demo?  You're one of the slackers who is making life a living hell for JP  ;)  Just kidding, but will you be uploading a demo soon or bringing a thumb drive to the hotel on Friday??  What's the plan?
    Uploaded the demo... Finally!!!
  • PWRRYD said:
    4thtry said:

Last minute soldering operation on my entry; my Advents are now "banana jack" ready.  Looking forward to see everyone again in a few days.  :)

This post from Bill brings up a question... do I need to bring adaptors to hook up banana plugs?  My speakers have cheapo spring loaded terminal cups.
    PWRRYD said:
    4thtry said:

Oh brother look at this guy not being banana plug compliant. Bwahahahahaha. 
    greywardenPWRRYDJasonP4thtry
    My signature goes here
  • PWRRYD said:
    4thtry said:

I will see what I have laying around...  probably can come up with some cables that will work for you.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Craig is high maintenance.
    greywardenPWRRYD4thtry
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • No worries, I'll make some adaptors.
  • I have had good luck in the past that the spring clips will hold a banana plug.
  • So a couple people who previously registered as exhibitors will not be presenting (always happens) and we of course might have a couple no-shows, so there can be at least three more presentation slots for anyone here who wants to demo a second system.  
    My signature goes here
  • Bryan, I am assuming that Pete's speakers are apart of the line up.
  • Bryan, I am assuming that Pete's speakers are apart of the line up.
    Yes bud. That's my presentation slot. Thanks for helping out with that. 
    My signature goes here
  • I could always bring a third pair to demo ;)
  • I will have the Rhodiums along as well as a stock HiVi DIY 3.1 kit.  I was just thinking hotel for those, but I could fill at least another slot if there is interest.
    Turn24thtry

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • @PWRRYD and @ScottS yes, please and Scott - Turn2 is bringing a XO-modified HiVi DIY 3.1 kit....so yes, please bring the stock version...please.  This could be a lot of fun!!!
    kennyk4thtry
    My signature goes here
  • This will pretty much close the exhibitor slots.  The great thing about Iowa is you can always demo at the hotel and hell, if a slot opens up at the Harris Center Cinema, I'm pretty sure we can rock'n'roll you in.  
    kennyk
    My signature goes here
  • I definitely won't be showing anything this year.  I somehow managed to fry a tweeter last night while trying out crossover tweaks.  I’m not exactly sure how it happened, but likely a result of just going too fast.  Oh well, live and learn.  Looking forward to seeing everyone and hearing their creations. 

PS – Since I hadn’t eaten anything all day it only took a couple of beers to soften the blow to my fragile ego.   

• Sorry to hear that Ed.  

See you tomorrow.
  • Which tweeter, Ed?
  • WOW! What a freak-out of a deal!
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    Was it Chris Roemer who got them?  Anyone recall?
    We gave Raals away once - in 2013 I believe and Chris was indeed the winner. 
    Talked with Chris this morning.  Yes, he won the Raal's.  The Crew and I cleaned up in 2014. TL N26CFR's, a pair of the 1st Gen Dayton ES140's and Audax 4" mids.  (Blame the guys that pulled the names!) 

See ya' tomorrow, Gents!
  • I need to get my crossovers nailed down tonight. If I can't tame the top end, I may just bring a pair of MurphyBlaster MB20s that I built years ago. Is everyone is OK with that?
    kennyk
  • Try a simple series RC in parallel with the tweeter to shunt some of the top end.  I had to use a 4 uF cap and 4 ohm resistor to tame the rising top end of the RS28F-4.  Worked really well in that particular project.
  • Thanks Craig - I'll give it a shot! I'm close...just a little too much above 3-4K right now.