Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Iowa DIY 2017

Comments

• I just placed an order for a 3D printer. It will print up to 300x300x450mm, so will more than suffice for a series of monitors I want to build this winter. 

For larger cabinets, Ill just build them in multiple pieces. Now, I have to relearn some 3D software...
    kennyk4thtry
    I have a signature.
  • A little off topic, a box theory thread would be useful. :)
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • edited October 2017
    This folder will be accessible for a couple weeks - it has the majority of demos that were used for the show including the house track.  https://app.box.com/s/k1cim10jyf0bksts0ucu1jc9vqotkpud

@Ron_E, check this link out.

Nicholas_23ThumperTom
    My signature goes here
  • Thanks guys 

• The star of the show!
    jr@mac4thtry
  • Great mix guys , very nice. Thank you

• +1 for whoever chose the Mavericks!
  • edited October 2017
    Thanks for putting the tracks up Bryan. If anyone is interested I recently put every snippet of music I've used for demos over the years up on Google drive. This link should get you there.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx4GM_59aXYLYnk4OFJOZDFOZ00

Ron

Nicholas_23Bryan@MAC
  • Thank you Ron

• +1 for the zombies too !

• kennykD1PP1NJasonPgreywarden4thtryThumperTom
    I have a signature.
  • Lol Gloria , E,D,A,E. GLORIA! Love it.

• Oops , + 1 for the traveling willburys, and some Neil Young ! Man I missed out on some good tunes and speakers

• Oops , + 1 for the traveling willburys, and some Neil Young ! Man I missed out on some good tunes and speakers

Yeah, what happened to you dude?
  • Let's say life happened , lol. Missed all of ya
  • Somebody left a greenish Woolrich fleece jacket at the Harris Center. There are also a pair of black and blue earbuds in one of the pockets. I have the items so if anyone knows to whom they belong please speak up and I can help to get them returned. 

My signature goes here
  • Ron_E said:
    Thanks for putting the tracks up Bryan. If anyone is interested I recently put every snippet of music I've used for demos over the years up on Google drive. This link should get you there.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx4GM_59aXYLYnk4OFJOZDFOZ00

Ron

Thanks Ron.  You gotta love the Gyuto Monks Tantric Choir.
  • +1 Robert Cray
  • Thanks Ron.  You gotta love the Gyuto Monks Tantric Choir.

Something about that track can drive ND-105's crazy if the screws aren't tight. They seem perfectly fine with anything else but buzz like mad with that track.
  • It was great seeing everyone, and enjoyable to hear so many good designs.

Thanks big whopper and jp, and everyone who makes this possible!

(It was one of the best birthdays anyone has thrown me <span>:lol:</span>)
  • Brian, you made it worth coming............did I kiss up enough? :p
    brek81
  • Thanks Ron! I always enjoy your demoes and its a real treat to have access to so many cuts. Thanks again!

Jim
  • Listened to some of the demos last night. I really liked Ron's. Nice work! Wish I could have been there.
  • Can we start a picture thread, so everyone can post the pics they took and they don't have to read through all of this stuff?

deadhorse - leviathan - harbinger - shockwave (wip)
  • edited October 2017
    Can we start a picture thread, so everyone can post the pics they took and they don't have to read through all of this stuff?

^ THIS...was pretty much my inspiration for the Midwest Audio Club website in the first place.

I won't be participating in a forum thread of pics since I will have several hundred pics up in the archive soon, but you guys can go hog wild if you want to.
    My signature goes here
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    Can we start a picture thread, so everyone can post the pics they took and they don't have to read through all of this stuff?

^ THIS...was pretty much my inspiration for the Midwest Audio Club website in the first place.

I won't be participating in a forum thread of pics since I will have several hundred pics up in the archive soon, but you guys can go hog wild if you want to.

Just put the disc in the mail to Bryan.  145 standard ones plus 5 panos.  Hope everyone likes them.  Would you like me to post a few samples?

• Thanks to Jason, Bryan, & JR for putting on another great show!  And thanks to CSS for helping us get the Harris Center!  Enjoyed talking "speaker building" and listening to all the great entries.  Not a bad sounding speaker in the bunch.  And I was amazed at how my 43 year old Advents held their own against some of the finest drivers available. 

I scored a pair of 35uf silver PP caps, which, I'm hoping, will find their way into my current coaxial project xover.

Looking forward to attending again next year.

Bill

• 4thtry said:

Thanks to Jason, Bryan, & JR for putting on another great show!  And thanks to CSS for helping us get the Harris Center!  

Just for good order's sake, it was Cross Spectrum Labs (CSL) who made a generous cash donation which helped us procure the Harris Center. 

Bill please go ahead and post some samples of your shots....thanks!!  Really appreciate you doing this for all the events. 
    brek81cssaudio1
    My signature goes here
  • Here are just a few somewhat random samples:

jhollanderkennykNicholas_23Turn2