Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Iowa DIY 2017

12345679»

Comments

• edited October 2017
    Good God Jim....don't drop that thing!!
    kennyk
  • (sigh) I forgot Bill took that picture. As usual, I'm the old fat guy with the stupid grin on his face. :s Nope, I'm quite protective of the top module. It's where most of the money went.

Jim
    Nicholas_23
  • What Accuton you using for the mid Jim?
  • Hi Pete,

Curt originally brought it to my attention so I started looking for feedback. It's the C158 that I asked you about a few months ago. I'm really pleased the way it turned out. It's replaced the Statements II as my reference. It's paired with the AST2560 that I also talked to you about. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts!  :)

Jim
  • jholtz said:
    Hi Pete,

Curt originally brought it to my attention so I started looking for feedback. It's the C158 that I asked you about a few months ago. I'm really pleased the way it turned out. It's replaced the Statements II as my reference. It's paired with the AST2560 that I also talked to you about. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts!  :)

Jim
    That C158 is a very nice little driver.  I'm assuming you got the smaller voice coil version?

Is that a pair of RS225 on the bottom?
  • Hi Pete,

I tried a modular format with a separate bass module (two RS225, ported) with the C158-8-085 and the AST2560 in the top module, both open back this time. The RS225's have become my go to for bass so I thought I'd make it easier to change the top cabinet half if I got the desire for something different.

Jim
  • For those of you who attended the event:  We've created an online feedback survey and the invitation to participate has just gone out via email, so please check your inboxes and PLEASE participate.  It will literally take two minutes.

Now, I know there were folks who showed up who did not register, so you will not get an email invite (since we don't have your registration info).  However, we still want to get all the attendee's thoughts, so please send me a message or an email for the survey link.

Thanks!!
    My signature goes here
  • done!
    deadhorse - leviathan - harbinger - shockwave (wip)
  • Hate surveys. :s
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • kennyk said:
    Hate surveys. :s
    it took 1-2 minutes tops
    kennyk
  • A little delayed, just got back from KC, but good show guys, great job all around.  I have to agree with Johnny and the next level is box design.  I think looking at another option for the informal listening space may be needed.  Knowing that we currently have limited options because of what we do.  Again, great job all around and thanks again from MAC and Sponsors that help make this happen.
  • I'll chime in quickly on the informal space.  I think we are done there too, TBH.  You simply cannot for a second focus on the music in that space - it's horrific.  However, I can almost guarantee a nicer informal listening space will mean higher rates for hotel accommodations.  If folks are ok with that, I can start canvassing the area for better hotel/meeting room options.  I'm waiting for more people to complete the survey because there is a direct question on the informal sessions.

That said, if you received an invite for the online survey, please do it.  It will help to make the Iowa event better for everyone.
    My signature goes here
  • So does that mean we're going to Des Moines?
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I'd drive the extra 40 miles if it moved.
  • I'd also be willing to pay more for my hotel room.  Just not a crazy price like double the current rate.
  • Coralville would also be nice, not as big as DM but just as many possibilities, but there is also the issue of Iowa Football games.
    jhollander
  • MAC archive almost done.  Bill's awesome pics are up and several of the exhibitor shots within the gallery are courtesy of Scott's brother, Jon Sehlin.  I have a couple of my own pics in there - they are the crappy ones.  I have a couple short videos which I will add later tonight.  Still battling the youtube copyright BS that happens anytime I upload stuff with commercial music clips.

Enjoy:

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/event-archive/iowa-2017
    My signature goes here
  • In case anyone is interested in the inside of Last Hurrahs. 

•  That's only about 20 miles difference for me. I'm down.
    4thtry
  • Des Moines is closer than Grinell for me.... either case IOWA is one of the shorter driver for me, so I am good
  • I would not have get up as early to catch a flight out........ if its DM.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  •  BUMP for the online survey!!

Please do it and if you’re an Iowa attendee reading this
    post but did not receive an email invite for the survey, please message me for the link. I will not make it public since it’s an anonymous survey. 

Original Post:

For those of you who attended the event:  We've created an online feedback survey and the invitation to participate has just gone out via email, so please check your inboxes and PLEASE participate.  It will literally take two minutes.

Now, I know there were folks who showed up who did not register, so you will not get an email invite (since we don't have your registration info).  However, we still want to get all the attendee's thoughts, so please send me a message or an email for the survey link.
    My signature goes here
  • Youtube vids:

These are part of the MAC archive for Iowa 2017.

I apologize for not being able to capture all the projects.  This is something that really requires a dedicated person to do and it's just not in the cards at the moment.  However, I suspect going forward we'll figure something out.  :)
    kennykJasonP
    My signature goes here
  • Bryan@MAC said:
     BUMP for the online survey!!

Please do it and if you’re an Iowa attendee reading this
    post but did not receive an email invite for the survey, please message me for the link. I will not make it public since it’s an anonymous survey. 

Original Post:

For those of you who attended the event:  We've created an online feedback survey and the invitation to participate has just gone out via email, so please check your inboxes and PLEASE participate.  It will literally take two minutes.

Done.