Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Steak!

1101112131416»

Comments

• This is bull shit , you guys need to invite me over!!!!!

• @Jakes_dad said:
    I think my meat to veg ratio might be a bit off....

I am still on a restricted calorie diet or I would be all over a 1-1/2" ribeye like the old days.

I have a signature.
  • @Nicholas_23 said:
    This is bull shit , you guys need to invite me over!!!!!

Maybe I'll cook when you pick your speakers up - possibly even this coming weekend, I'll see how the crossovers come together etc.

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:

@Jakes_dad said:
    I think my meat to veg ratio might be a bit off....

I am still on a restricted calorie diet or I would be all over a 1-1/2" ribeye like the old days.

I only ate about half of that one, it was pretty big.

jr@mac
  • There’s green chives on the potato! Your good.

Steve_Lee
  • So a Burns supper is celebrated in Scotland every year on January 25th. It is a big deal back there, and since I love the occasional ethnic dinner night I whip up a Burns supper every January.

It consists of haggis, neeps, tatties, and whisky. Neeps = mashed rutabaga and tatties = mashed potatoes. I do not eat the neeps, my wife loves them. So my dinner pictured above lacks the neeps. They are yellowish in color and quite reminiscent of cabbage. Ugh.

Anyways, the haggis has a rich, nutty flavor due to the high amount of oats and is well seasoned. The liver doesn't come through all that much - it lends a slight "iron" taste on the tongue, but the beef suet is the dominant savory component. This particular haggis also has lamb heart in it, which depending how clean it was before mincing may contribute to the slight iron taste, as well.

Anyways, my next ethnic night will be German. I always whip up some brats (German style, not Johnsonville style - although I absolutely love those as well), cheesy spaetzle, and hot potato salad. I have a vinegar aversion so I brighten the salad with white wine, instead. It works. Simple but delicious meal that touches all of the components of flavor and nutrition.

Silver1omo
    I have a signature.
  • My wife is a Kirkpatrick, so the only ethnic night we always do is St Patricks.

• @jr@mac said:

I have a vinegar aversion so I brighten the salad with white wine, instead. It works.

I have a vinegar aversion as well, can't even stand the smell of it. I put sliced pepperoncini's on my salad instead of vinegar or salad dressing.

jr@mac

• We made churros.

jr@macSteve_Lee6thplanetNicholas_23jhollander
  • Awesome!! I hit up a couple Latino bakery shops close by for them. First time I went to one of them I had to use a translator on my phone to get them.lol Now they know what I'm there for when I stop by.😆

Nicholas_23Silver1omoSteve_Lee
  • Goose pastrami.

jr@mackenrhodesSilver1omo

• Chiles rellenos for dinner.

jr@mackenrhodes
  • @hifiside said:
    Goose pastrami.

That looks delicious , bet that would fry up nice with the potatoes and scrambled eggs.

• @Silver1omo said:

Chiles rellenos for dinner.

That looks delicious too , is broccoli common with that dinner? Id be all over it .

• @Nicholas_23 said:

That looks delicious too , is broccoli common with that dinner? Id be all over it .

Not common at all, usually just the red rice, tomato sauce (caldillo) and often refried beans.

• Surf and turf tonight.

kenrhodesSteve_LeeSilver1omoPWRRYDjhollander
    I have a signature.
  • edited February 16

Valentine Day dinner - nice boneless ribeye from Whole Foods, served with purple yams. asparagus and mushies
    and horseradish of course.

jr@macSilver1omohifisideSteve_Lee
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • edited March 17

The half mick in me , the other half is kraut makes me stubborn drunk. Ask some ex's, Im sure some of those girls might have some choice words lol . On the table , Guinness stew.

hifisidetajanesjr@mac

• Tamales!

6thplanetjr@mactajanesSteve_LeeNicholas_23jhollander
  • So we occasionally have meatless meals here, and this is one of them. Double Beyond burger with pepperjack cheese. Served with cheap beer.

I prefer Impossible over Beyond, but they are both passable substitutes for the real deal.

I have a signature.
  • 2.1lb rib prime aged rib steak.

Nicholas_23
    I have a signature.
  • See you in about three hours, big boy.

silverDNicholas_23
    I have a signature.
  • Sous vide?

• @Steve_Lee said:
    Sous vide?

Yeppers

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:

@Steve_Lee said:
    Sous vide?

Yeppers

FTW!

• Seared and butter basted.

Nicholas_23
    I have a signature.
  • And plated.

kenrhodessilverDNicholas_23hifiside
    I have a signature.

• Mango and pineapple with tajin and chamoy.

jr@macjhollander