Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

IOWA DIY 2022

Comments

• My vote is for Grinnell. I remember the 'coat issue' and thought we had solved it though a modified speaker placement on the stage - didn't we resolve this by simply moving the 'spot' forward a foot or so the next year, or has my memory failed me on this? Anyway I like the small town charm of that community.

On a second point: I will, I will, I will be there this year! My project is 1/2 completed and I can't wait to get it up and running!

jhollander
  • Thinking out loud. Would there be a way to have a preamp that would have digital and analog inputs and volume controlled digital and analog outputs?
    Seems like every event there is something hard to setup because don't have a universal way to control input and output.
    I'm also thinking about building a set of speakon cables with interchangable ends. Ends that would include: banana, bare wire, 1/4 inch, spaid, alligator. That way one set of cables could hook up to any combination of speaker.
    Let me know your thoughts.

• @Bryan@MAC said:

@isaeagle4031 said:
    I'm hoping to make it this year, depending on a few circumstances and if the planets align. Do you have a target date yet?

We've typically aimed for third week of October, so 10/21-10/22 will be the target weekend unless there is some reason to do it the previous weekend. I don't follow college football, so can any Iowa peeps weigh in on the best time to schedule? I'll get back in touch with the Ankeny BW on their conference room availability. Seems like we have a consensus on the venue, which is fine by me, and I agree, the BW room is more reflective (pun intended) of a typical listening room. :)

Hi Bryan,

Is Iowa DIY locked in for October 21st? I just found out that might not work. The weekend of the 15th would work better for me. Any chance that's a possibility?

Thank you sir!

Jim

• @jholtz said:

@Bryan@MAC said:

@isaeagle4031 said:
    I'm hoping to make it this year, depending on a few circumstances and if the planets align. Do you have a target date yet?

We've typically aimed for third week of October, so 10/21-10/22 will be the target weekend unless there is some reason to do it the previous weekend. I don't follow college football, so can any Iowa peeps weigh in on the best time to schedule? I'll get back in touch with the Ankeny BW on their conference room availability. Seems like we have a consensus on the venue, which is fine by me, and I agree, the BW room is more reflective (pun intended) of a typical listening room. :)

Hi Bryan,

Is Iowa DIY locked in for October 21st? I just found out that might not work. The weekend of the 15th would work better for me. Any chance that's a possibility?

Thank you sir!

Jim

OK,
    things have changed, and either weekend will work. Sorry for the confusion!

Jim

• My vote is for Ankeny

jholtz
  • Hello folks. I'm working with Scott @ the BW Ankeny for a quote. Oct 21-22 is the proposed date. To be clear, we are not locked yet. I will provide an update soon.

jholtz
    My signature goes here
  • Regardless of venue, I have the time off scheduled. Thanks for doing this, Bryan.

jholtz
    I have a signature.
  • Alright people, let's get this party started. IOWA DIY 2022 is a lock for October 21/22 !!

Same as last year, it will be held at the Best Western, Ankeny.

Details to follow. :)

jholtzTom_SSilver1omo
    My signature goes here
  • Aww man! I have Shuffleboard camp that weekend! Shit.

Steve_Leeugly_wooferjr@mac
  • Blow it off.

jr@mac
  • I just put it on the calendar.

• @ugly_woofer said:
    Blow it off.

Are you fucking kidding me!?!?!

jr@mac
  • You're right, why come to a sausage fest like Iowa when you can go to shuffle board camp, that's just load with hot chicks.

6thplanet
  • Added to my work schedule.

• Shuffle board?

• Added to my calendar. I may also have something new built to bring with.

Bryan@MAC
  • Just FYI. The bar area is still closed pending corporate guidance on reopening. Breakfast buffet is open.

My signature goes here
  • Like last year, there will not be a dedicated website for registering and we are not seeking sponsorship. That being said, there won't be a door prize table, but I guarantee, there will be a fantastic swap meet table. I'll be bringing a shitload of XO parts and I won't be going home with any leftovers. If you're looking to put items up on the swap meet table, please feel free to post your pics in this thread.

My signature goes here
  • Good evening everyone. Here is the group reservation link to the Ankeny Best Western:
    https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.16110.html?groupId=1I4AE0Z8

This years' rate is $124.99/night + tax. You may be able to score a lower rate with AAA, AARP, etc. Please conduct your own due diligence.

More updates to follow. Please post any questions here or drop me a DM and I'll do my best to reply quickly.

Thanks!!

Silver1omojhollanderkenrhodes
    My signature goes here
  • @JasonP and I are booked for the weekend. Please get your hotel reservations in. Anyone happen to find a lower rate than $124.99? Just curious.

My signature goes here
  • @JasonP Does than mean we have a automated front end and house track? I'm hopeful

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Booked.

I have a signature.
  • @jhollander said:
    @JasonP Does than mean we have a automated front end and house track? I'm hopeful

I can't say for sure yet, but chances are high.

jhollanderBryan@MACS7910
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Booked!

• I can't back out this year. Jaxon is coming to DM with me and his girlfriend is attending Drake. I don't have a choice anymore!

Bryan@MAC
  • @MartyH said:
    I can't back out this year. Jaxon is coming to DM with me and his girlfriend is attending Drake. I don't have a choice anymore!

Crazy say What???