Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

InDIYana 2023...

Website is updated.
Dates are April 28, 29.
https://sites.google.com/site/indiyanaevent/
Hope you can make it!

Comments

• @Wolf said:
    Website is updated.
    Dates are April 28, 29.
    https://sites.google.com/site/indiyanaevent/
    Hope you can make it!

Finally gonna make it this year after a 2-3 year hiatus! Put me down for a theme and a non-theme Wolfy, and put CSS down for a doorprize too (not sure what it will be yet).

• @DanP said:
    ...and put CSS down for a doorprize too (not sure what it will be yet).

Awesome! Wolf, put me down as the winner of the CSS door prize. =) ;)

Steve_Leehifisideugly_wooferBryan@MAC4thtry
  • I'm tentative, but obviously not going to do a theme build unless I have someone build it for me.

I have a signature.
  • I'll be there with one non-theme project, maybe two. Look forward to seeing everyone and hearing some unique projects.

• Craig, if I go is your offer to pick me up at O'Hare still open?

I have a signature.
  • Absolutely

• Awesome, I'll start planning.

I have a signature.
  • I'm out of practice with the vacuum bag.

Silver1omoSteve_Lee
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Paper backed veneer? What's the radius of those baffle roundovers?

• Paperbacked rift sawn maple. 1.5 inch round overs. The veneer is not great, it wants to split at the board seams. I was doing a one veneer piece wrap a round which was probably a mistake. We'll see how it dries out.

• Put me down for 2 non theme. If I get to the theme, it will be last minute

• @isaeagle4031 said:
    Put me down for 2 non theme. If I get to the theme, it will be last minute

Chuck, I thought the theme was your idea?

• Room and flight booked. Y'all gotta put up with me...

I have a signature.
  • @jhollander said:
    I'm out of practice with the vacuum bag.

Wouldn't a mesh sheet help with that? Legitimately asking - trying to plan out a pump/bag purchase.

• @a4eaudio said:

@DanP said:
    ...and put CSS down for a doorprize too (not sure what it will be yet).

Awesome! Wolf, put me down as the winner of the CSS door prize. =) ;)

Not sure I can declare you the winner, but I can take suggestions on what to bring 🙂

• I personally use mesh in a vacuum bag. There seems to be no consensus on whether mesh is necessary, but I figure it can't hurt.

• Room is booked. Now I just need to complete my project(s).

• @jhollander said:

@isaeagle4031 said:
    Put me down for 2 non theme. If I get to the theme, it will be last minute

Chuck, I thought the theme was your idea?

Joint venture between me and Ben. Last few years have been that way

• @isaeagle4031 said:
    Joint venture between me and Ben. Last few years have been that way

Wolf Eagle JV

• edited January 2023

@DanP said:
    ... but I can take suggestions on what to bring 🙂

Anything by CSS would be a pretty nice door prize. For me personally, anything that is not a subwoofer, as I have two SDX12's that I need to put to use this year.

I see the new CSS W5-06 Woofer in the Torii kit. Will that be available to as a standalone driver? If so, that might be good for CSS too, as whoever gets it is likely to make something nice with it and hopefully post a build thread with measurements, etc. Which is always nice for diyers that may be hesitant to buy a new, unproven driver.

Edit: or the tweeter in the Torii kit, as I hadn't noticed it is new too.

DanP
  • I'm using a breather fabric https://www.fibreglast.com/product/Breather_and_Bleeder_579

I don't like the mesh as it can telegraph through if its laid on top of the veneer. The breather fabric sucks up the excess glue pretty good and is cheap. The issue with this bagging event is that there's nothing to push the excess veneer down the sides. My bad. I should have done two glue ups. Like I said I'm out of practice.

I built my own bag with bagging film on clearance. Doesn't look like anything film is on clearance. https://www.fibreglast.com/category/Vacuum_Bagging_Films_Peel_Ply_Tapes
    Bag connector https://www.fibreglast.com/product/thru-bag-vacuum-connector-00910
    Tape https://www.fibreglast.com/product/gray-sealant-tape-00581

• Themes are kind of rooted with me finding the basis and goals, and the intriguing moniker, and amidst discussion with select others, not just Chuck, then including the forum QnA, to clarify the finer details and limits. I don't suppose even Chuck knows who all I talk it over with before I get his opinion.

It's a pretty convoluted process.

• Wolf,

I don't think I have ever seen this in the rules, but is there a limit of one THEME entry per person? (Highly unlikely that I'd do more than one, but just wondering.)

• edited January 2023

I brought 3 to the 3 liter contest, then the rules got changed to one entry. Not that many entries this time tho.

• Ben, I didn't see where to register. I will be attending with 2 non-theme projects.

• Ben, I'll be there with one non-theme project the Homagatans.

DanP
  • We are setting a limit of 20 entries for the theme this year so that we don't get too over whelmed.

• @maynardg said:
    Ben, I'll be there with one non-theme project the Homagatans.

It will be great to see you again Maynard! Been too long!

maynardg
  • It's been limited to 20 theme entries for the last few years, and it works better that way.

I have to go in the website and add the massive list of names and entries from this week yet. Most of the time, the reply in the forum threads are where I see them and add them. To formally register, click the link in my sig to the website, and send the 'organizer' (me) an email about number of peeps and speaks.

• I'm planning to bring a theme entry.

Ron