Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

IOWA DIY 2022

Comments

• All, please see @JasonP note below on uploading demo tracks before the show. If your demo is ready, and you understand how to create a ZIP file, please send him a PM so he can create an upload link for you.

@JasonP said:
    As the front end will once again be somewhat automated, here are suggestions for presenter demo audio:

If you are computer savvy enough to both create your audio file(s) and place them into an archive (.zip .rar .7z are all ok) PM me before the event with the name you want to use for the event and I'll give you a link to where you can upload that archive file.

If not, and you attend on Friday night, grab me at some point and I can rip your audio from CD or copy from portable media (HDD, usb key, sdcard, etc) to the laptop for the front end.

Obviously I'd prefer the former instead of the latter, so if you can (or feel adventurous and want to learn how) please PM me in the coming days.

Thanks!

My signature goes here
  • Some of the stuff I'll be bringing to sell:

• If those are TC9's, I'll take them off your hands Craig!

• edited October 2022

They are Tom! And now they are yours :+1:

• Craig, what are the larger woofers?

• @PWRRYD said:

By any chance did you get those from me? Lol. I sold a pair of those at Indy some time back. Of course my memory is shot but I really love our secondary market. Best deals ever. Better than the PE tent, even.

My signature goes here
  • @PWRRYD said:

Great - thanks!!

• @MartyH said:
    Craig, what are the larger woofers?

Meniscus Eclipse W6520R-8

• Car is about loaded. We are taking a leisurely tour through NW Iowa today and staying in a place called Carroll tonight.

I have a signature.
  • Sounds fun! I'll be loading up everything tonight, working a half day tomorrow, then haulin butt to Ankeny.

• Loading up Friday morning and should be there mid-afternoon.

I wasn't sure if I would even have a speaker to bring that you all haven't already heard. But I found something hiding in the former "kid cave" that had been sitting unfinished for years. Measured and tweaked this week and I'll be soldering up the crossovers tonight! It's nothing exciting, but it's better than nothing.

• @jr@mac said:
    Car is about loaded. We are taking a leisurely tour through NW Iowa today and staying in a place called Carroll tonight.

Damn, you're almost in God's country, but I think he quit coming around a while back. Enjoy your trip!

jholtz
  • @jr@mac said:
    Car is about loaded. We are taking a leisurely tour through NW Iowa today and staying in a place called Carroll tonight.

I might take Highway 20 this year customer have told me it’s a hour faster and 4 lane.

• Hey, Craig, are those ceramic tweeters in the upper right? I'm not familiar with that driver, care to spill?

• I think there MCM aluminum domes.

• Made a pitstop...

hifisidejhollanderJasonPugly_wooferBryan@MACMartyHNicholas_23Steve_Leetajaneskenrhodesand 2 others.
    I have a signature.
  • @hifiside said:
    I think there MCM aluminum domes.

Correct!

• @hifiside said:

@jr@mac said:

I might take Highway 20 this year customer have told me it’s a hour faster and 4 lane.

Highway 20 is decent and it's 4 lane all the way across Iowa now.

Ron

hifiside
  • We're loading up tonight, leave in the morning and have lunch in Amana Colonies.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails

• They’re ready, and so am I! See you all later tomorrow afternoon.

Nicholas_23hifisideSteve_LeetajanesWolfjhollanderkenrhodesTurn26thplanetBryan@MAC
  • @EllisAudio said:

Dave , do you still have the huge speakers you called the " pledge " from years ago ? I think that was the name

Thanks for the note.

I vaguely recall the name and... probably not. These were probably the very large rock-n-roll speakers that proved inferior to a much smaller speaker Scott Sehlin constructed. I agreed that Scott's project was indeed better. The irony was that Scott used a tweeter that I sell :o . I sent the large ugly cabinets out with the trash a few months ago and will be using some of the drivers for another projects.

I did build another very large and heavy pair of speakers many years ago. These are probably still in Dennis Murphy's living room in Maryland. I don't think these speakers ever "visited" Iowa.

Sincerely,

Wow , you kept those cabs for while ! I think you brought those back in 2004 ?

• Drive safe everyone , the farmers are in the fields so the critters will probably be out and about. I counted three dead coons this morning on the way to work and dont forget about those deer !!

• @MartyH said:
    They’re ready, and so am I! See you all later tomorrow afternoon.

Those look great Marty, that's a long time between speakers :astonished:

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • edited October 2022

@jr@mac said:
    Made a pitstop...

Oh, you were so close. I don't believe they have walk in tours this time of year though, as they're out harvesting Turn2 family corn for future batches.

jr@macBryan@MAC
  • I thought Vodka was made with potatoes.

• Grain, potatoes, fruit, it can all make vodka.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Funny that I don't drink, but seems I get info from all sides.
    Thanks for the info.

• edited October 2022

MAC/DIY Group's designated driver

jr@macSteve_Lee
  • Vodka is just a neutral spirit. A distillery in SoDak makes it from corn, as well.

I have a signature.
  • Checked in and momma is going to take a nap while I wait for the rest of you slackers to get here.

Silver1omo
    I have a signature.