Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Steak!

Comments

• Smoking another pork butt today. 9 pounder!  Got it on the smoker early (5 AM) so hoping it's ready for dinner tonight.
  • Making roast beef, staffed mushrooms and some veggies for tonight.
    Happy New Year Everyone!!!
  • Flatiron

PWRRYDS7910kennykNicholas_23
    I have a signature.
  • Beef andoullie headed to smoker. 
    kennykNicholas_23
    I have a signature.
  • Tri Tip ala Sous Vide, tonight..

Nicholas_23
    I have a signature.
  • edited February 2019
    Whats everyone making for game day for food , today ? For those that may or may not be watching the superbowl.......
  • Are there any pepper heads in here? Ive been trying various hot sauces lately and I seem to like the vinegar based variety . On that note have any of you tried to make your own or care to share a recipe that you have made and enjoyed ? 
  • Pastrami!

I have a signature.

• Ribeye, destined for reverse sear. Smoke em til ~130 then use my newfangled Searzall to crust em up. 
    Nicholas_23
    I have a signature.
  • Tenderloin, sous vide to 128°, seared in avocado oil...

Nicholas_23
    I have a signature.
  • Have any of you done one of these? Im debating on the instant pot or air fryer . Going to feed the work crew Christmas day . 
  • I have not.

I am feeding a crew tomorrow, though. Prime rib and a ham.
    I have a signature.
  • We don't have it too often, but a nice eye fillet roast, marinated in honey, brandy and dark balsamic vinegar: delicious! 

Geoff

• R-CarpentersquamishdrocNicholas_23S7910
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    I have not.

I am feeding a crew tomorrow, though. Prime rib and a ham.

We're doing a similar thing for Christmas: 'Turkey Ballantyne', or two breasts rolled with cranberry stuffing.  Weighs about 2.5kg.  Rubbing with butter, covering with bacon then foil and roasting on a rack.

Wine sauce to finish.

Should be very nice and no waste!

Geoff

Nicholas_23
  • Done cooking for the work crew tomorrow. Have more stuff coming in from essential employees , dressing , corn,  green bean cassarole and maybe a cake! Oh and dinner rolls 
  • Smoked the turkey on the Weber Kettle last night - forgot to take a pic when it came off so sliced will have to do :p

Nicholas_23tajanes
  • Been wanting prime rib for awhile , like awhile. Won't lie , had enough ham and turkey so picked up a 4 pounder.  Debating on grill or oven .
    squamishdroc
  • With that weight, I suggest sear and seal both sides on the grill to get flavour and colour, then into the oven.

That will be a thick piece of steak so it might be hard to do it on the grill, depending on whether you want to cook it rare or medium rare.

Geoff

• I appreciate the comment Jeff , Thank you

• Curious ........ ahhh fuck , everyone doing ok ? or cooking anything? Kenny went missing again, not sure who killed him this time. Im trying to lighten the mood "in these trying times". I for one miss it

• found a really good rub , 2 brothers gringo brisket rub , really good . There is another one that I picked up that is sweeter , more for ribs or pork , I wont mention it, Ive made similar with brown sugar and such in the past .still good though . That two brother gringo brisket is good. I'll take a little over to JR tomorrow for a taste test

• Not steak, but holds the cutters. Great project for some scrap wood ya got laying around.

Silver1omoNicholas_23jhollandersquamishdrocTurn2ThumperTomS7910R-Carpenter
  • That's cool!
  • Well shit, been awhile.

La casa de Richards a few nights ago:

Silver1omosquamishdrocR-Carpenter
    I have a signature.
  • I just fired up my smoker.  Gonna smoke a pair of pound and a half pork tenderloins (thought I bought one 3 pound tenderloin until I open the package and found out it was two LOL) .  Rubbed them early this morning with my favorite pork rub recipe, a sweeter rub because the wife and kids don't like spicey.  I've only done ribs and pork butts before this.  Hoping everything I've read on the internet about these being super easy to smoke is true.  I have a remote internal temp probe  :o  
  • ...and one for the big knives.

R-Carpenter
  • edited September 2020

Curtido for tomorrows pupusas .

JasonPjhollanderR-Carpenter6thplanet