Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Iowa 2018

Comments

• Great job guys. 
    I have a signature.
  • Being very close by, I can say this new option has super easy access east off I-35 Exit 90. Five or six other motels within walking distance if the group rate doesn't work out. Most of the dining is on the other side of I-35 except for Outback.
  • Excellent work guys!
  • We’ve got a commitment for the full cost of the meeting room and I’m truly humbled and equally as happy to say that it’s from our own partner, JR !!! That’s why I love this hobby/community so much. Hopefully Johnny will not have to pay for any beers if you know what I mean. Thanks JR. Much love. 
    Turn2S7910
    My signature goes here
  • edited August 2018
    Wowzers! Way to go JR!

How about everyone chipping in to fill up the hat at the event and make it a self sustaining get together.

Edit; I know everyone in this group isn't shy about supporting the events so that wasn't my intention. If I came across that I was insinuating lack of support, I sincerely apologize. I just hate to see JR carry the burden. I think we usually have 30-50 attendees at Iowa so it should be easy to cover the MAC group expenses for hosting Iowa.

Yep, I'm going to shut up now...

Jim
  • FWIW jr has been a silent but productive Iowa suppprter for the last
    couple years. His lack of front stage participation should not be interpreted negatively at all. Between JP JR and myself, we get things done. I have to admit I have been leaning on my colleagues and in true DIY spirit there is support. I almost want to cry right now. Seriously. 
    My signature goes here
  • Thank you JR.  I'm down for supporting but don't want to take anything away from recognizing JRs generosity (or Bryan's and JPs efforts for that matter).  
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • edited August 2018
    Great news. 31 minute commute. :) 
  • Looks like a lovely venue in a lovely suburb. 
    I have a signature.
  • Thank you JR.  I'm down for supporting but don't want to take anything away from recognizing JRs generosity (or Bryan's and JPs efforts for that matter).  
    Yes me too.  I want to help as well but not take any credit away from MAC's awesome work.
  • Holy Cow! Thanks JR - and thanks to Bryan & Jim for getting everything squared away with the hotel! If you need amplification, I'll gladly bring my little rack with the Crown XLS2000s that we used in Sioux Falls. 
  • edited August 2018
    Group rate for hotel rooms at the BW Premier is $112.99/night.

Please phone in your reservations at 515-965-5678 and mention our group name: IOWA DIY

There are 15 rooms reserved until Sept 19 - then, no guarantees on discount or availability, so please make your reservations early.

Thanks!!

My signature goes here
  • Booked. Now to build some speakers or something.
    I have a signature.
  • My room is booked too.  Now to get back to speaker building.
  • Besides millstream in Amanna how many craft breweries are near by?  BTW nice room, and thanks for everyone's efforts.
    I belive there are now 2 or 3 breweries in ankeny, and an additional 10 in des moines.  
  • Not sure what to bring.  Still the one speaker on Saturday or do we have more freedom now?
  • edited August 2018
    Not sure what to bring.  Still the one speaker on Saturday or do we have more freedom now?
    Ooooh, good question!  Of course that means I'd still have to have one ready.

By the way, JR you're a helluva dude!

Booked as well.
  • Wish I could be there. But if all goes well,  we should be moving into our new home by then. 
    D1PP1N
  • Just booked! Now to decide what speakers to bring.
  • Not sure what to bring.  Still the one speaker on Saturday or do we have more freedom now?

I'd love to hear your synergy horn.

Ron
  • I plan to bring my Iron Driver contest entry.

Ron
  • Looking forward to hearing those Ron. They look like a very well thought out design.

I'm just planning on bringing the MTM towers I brought to DDIY.
  • I'll bring the Synergy horn, and probably something smaller.
    Most likely one pair per exhibitor on Saturday but since we will be in the same room both days I’d urge folks to bring a couple designs. I’m sure across both days we can make things work out. As we get closer to the show I’ll have better idea of the possibility of double exhibits on Saturday. 
    My signature goes here
  • The penguins for sure.... Iffy on anything else
  • I better build something.
  • My room is booked - I'm working on a small desktop speaker; I might bring something else if I get started on it.
  • I got to get on this
  • Room booked.  Bringing some stuff to trade and give away.

Wanted: Peerless Compression Horn DFM-2535R00-08, DSA115-8, 8-inch pro driver pair like 8FE200.

Available (pairs) to trade; Dayton DC28F, Eminence APT-30, Lianeum tweeters, Vifa XT25SC90 B652 cabinets, B452 pair, Vifa PLWH09, Visaton FRS-7, TC9FD00-04, laptop bricks

• Let's talk front end gear. I have a Marantz avr, low profile job that will be for sale. It has 2.1 preouts, solid DAC section, and a remote. If need be, I can bring a source as well. We will need an amp, and various cables as well. 

http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=AVReceivers&ProductId=NR1403

I have a signature.